TO Much Info*But I need some help*

Okay, I'm 36 weeks and 2 days on Sunday..Well this is my third child but with my other 2--I was enduced a month early and then 3 weeks early so I really didn't get to experience "actual Labor" with them so I have a question. I've went to the er twice once last week and once the week before they stopped the contractions both times because I was under 36 weeks well I'm already 3 cm and 60% effaced..we had sex tonight and for the first time in like ever I finally got off more than once...would that help the baby come faster or him doing it inside of me? I know they said sperm but I didn't know if it was mine or his. SOrry just curious!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:01 AM on Nov. 2, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Females don't have sperm... only males have sperm

AvasMommy810

Answer by AvasMommy810 at 1:03 AM on Nov. 2, 2008

• there is a saying that semen or vaginal fluid can thin the cervix, neither are true. when having sex it is the contraction of the uterus that comes with the orgasm that they say in late pregnancy can stimulate regular contractions. for that matter nipple stimulation works also! but to be on the safe side because your baby will still need those two more weeks for lung development (surfactant) i would hold off on any stimulus activity for a little longer. good luck
    NURSE_MOM_OF_2

Answer by NURSE_MOM_OF_2 at 1:07 AM on Nov. 2, 2008

• Semen HAS been known to induce labor! Semen contains prostaglandins. Prostaglandins cause the cervix to "ripen", or soften and prepare to open. So has achieving orgasm...orgasms produce oxytocin, the hormone that causes contractions. So, between the two, there is a pretty good chance that achieving multiple orgasms and having your DH ejaculate inside of you can cause you to have contractions that may induce labor.

However, I do not suggest either until at LEAST 40 weeks gestation.

AvasMommy810

Answer by AvasMommy810 at 1:19 AM on Nov. 2, 2008