Online College

I have been looking to go back to college for around 2 years. I was wondering has anyone found a college that has a decent tuition rate, and has a good support system witht he college.

And if anyone knows of an online associate of nursing degree that would be greats.
Thanks Ladies.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:57 PM on Nov. 8, 2010 in Money & Work

• You have to have practical field work for a nursing degree. Your best bet is to go to your local community college and talk to them. Most online colleges are for profit and not accredited.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 8:04 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• you should really go to your local community college. they will have online classes also, but your better off going on campus IMO. financial aid will help you pay for everything.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 8:40 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I know nursing has to have field work i went into Respirtory Therapy which is a great field and there is an online degree that includes field work and clinicals... I just figured out the medical field just was not for me... But best of luck to you.
    WAH_Mama

Answer by WAH_Mama at 8:51 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Stay away from for-profit schools. They exist, by law, to make money for their owners/shareholders; education is not their priority. When I was in HR, I did not interview candidates from the for-profit schools.

Start with a community college; they will likely have many classes on line and the credits will easily transfer to a state university.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:55 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• he other ladies are right it will probably be cheaper and more productive for you to go to a community college instead of an online school. Call around if you do decide to go to school online. I know in our state (Utah) all the schools banned together and decided not to accept a transfer from University of Phoenix (Not sure about other online schools.) Other states said similar things. Also call potential employers to see if they will higher you once you graduate from that school. It would be a shame to spend tens of thousands on a degree that others view as worthless.
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 2:11 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Your best bet is to go to your local state school and take online courses through them. This is because you want a school that is accredited and one that people will take seriously when they see it on your resume. The school will be able to help you with financial aid.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 2:26 PM on Nov. 9, 2010