'search' feature suggestion.

Maybe you can already do this some how? When I search for a very specific topic in the search it brings up questions by relevance (I think) I would like to see a way to search for specific questions to answer. Like 'Autism' or 'vegetarian' or I dunno 'herbs' (I'm making stuff up here lol) Is there already a way to do this I am missing? I mean besides scrolling through 10 pages of one category.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:02 PM on Nov. 8, 2010 in About CafeMom

• Sounds like a good idea!!
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 11:19 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Here's a bump for ya. I wish that in groups we could search for something, and then it would bring up the page that the result is on in the group. Like if you search for a specific book title in a group, I wish that when the post that has that book in it would come up, we would be directed to the exact page it's on, because some of those posts have like 500 answers and that's too much to go through IMO.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 8:43 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• You can use the "search cafemom" box up at the top right of your screen. The response page has an answers sections?
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 9:46 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Honestly, the best way to use answers search on CM is to not use it. Go to google instead, and narrow your advanced search to only search this addy:
    http://www.cafemom.com/answers/
    and then put in what you're looking for under keywords (make sure you click to see "similar search results"). Weeding through the search results here could take hours to find what you actually want if it doesn't by dumb luck show up on the first page.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:58 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Yes you can search for answers to questions but not questions to answer. If I put in a search for vegetarian because I am know a lot about it and can answer those q's well I can't search for open questions about that sub-subject. It would give me Q&A by relevance and be random dates up to 2-3 years ago.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:22 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I already thought we could, so I'm no help. What's the purpose of the search function then?
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:29 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I think the point is to find answers/information BUT it could be used in more than one way if it could be filtered different. Like (Relevance, most recent or between specific dates)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:12 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I think that is good idea.
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 12:50 PM on Nov. 9, 2010