Gallbladder (more of a vent)

So I woke up to a horrible pain this morning and it was so bad that I went to the hospital, to find out that it was a gallbladder attack and OMG did that hurt. Anyone else have gallbladder problems while pregnant?? Did that every happen to you??

LiLJeni

Asked by LiLJeni at 8:07 PM on Nov. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Yes! But mine happened a month after my baby was born. I went to the ER and was told they didn't know what was wrong and that I should go home and stick to a liquid diet for a few days. Two months later when I no longer had insurance, it happened again and I refused to go to the ER for FOUR days. Finally my mom made me when I started vomiting. I needed emergency surgery. $15,000 later, I was totally happy is was gone.

Don't worry.... the pain of a gallbladder attack is WAY worse than labor.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 8:10 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Yes but we could not figure out while being pregnant. It was not until after I had my baby that I had about 19 attacks while being pregnant and after that I got mine out. I was miserable and they kept telling me that it was just normal pregnancy pains. Which this was my third so I knew that it was not. I was hospitalized for awhile too in regards to it and they still were unable to figure it out until after. I hope you are able to keep it under control. I had mine out when my baby was about two months old.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 8:10 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I haven't. but I hope you feel better soon! It sounds painful! :(
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 8:43 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• What does it feel like?Is it a sharp pain under the ribs?Im having those pains lately.
    aliceinlove

Answer by aliceinlove at 10:57 AM on Nov. 9, 2010