when do you begin to get milk in your breasts when preqnant .?

lola0831

Asked by lola0831 at 8:07 PM on Nov. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Different for different folks.

I didn't leak until after I had my son. My colostrum was there during pregnancy though. It turned to milk the day after I had him.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 8:10 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• ohh ok thank you very much :)
    lola0831

Comment by lola0831 (original poster) at 8:11 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• You don't actually get milk until a couple days after giving birth, and when it comes in man you will know it!! But you can leak colostrum, which is a clear-ish fluid that is full of good stuff for baby when your pregnant and that happen at different times for different people.
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 8:13 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• thank you can you look at my pictures and tell me if that looks like twins to you
    lola0831

Comment by lola0831 (original poster) at 8:14 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• yeah i am 25 weeks pregnant and i am leaking colostrum already but no milk til after baby comes
    lifeisgreatbut.

Answer by lifeisgreatbut. at 8:15 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• It's different for everyone. Many women do not begin to leak colustrum (your body doesn't attempt to actually make milk until the placenta detaches during the last stage of birth and then will take a few days to come in but colustrum will be plenty for your baby until then) until the 4th month but sometimes it can be earlier.

Other women do not leak at all until after the baby is born. That says NOTHING about how much milk you will have and is no indicator of supply.
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 8:28 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I didn't get any actual milk until a couple of days after I gave birth. I had colostrum the day I had him, though.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 8:35 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• The colostrums is being produced full-fledged somewhere around mid-pregnancy. Many women will leak, but many women won't. It can be clear or yellowish. You can just randomly leak or you may notice it after you've had sex with orgasm (the oxytocin produced from the orgasm is the same hormone produced in labor and when baby suckles at the breast, so this will trigger the milk ejection reflex). Other women won't leak at all causing them to think they aren't producing enough milk. What you see is absolutely no indicator of what is there.
    ncbirdie

Answer by ncbirdie at 10:06 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• With my first, I didn't leak anything at all. But with this baby, I've been leaking since 8 weeks. I thought it was weird, but googled it and there are lots of others in the same boat. Good luck!
    JJsMoMMy519

Answer by JJsMoMMy519 at 10:07 AM on Nov. 9, 2010