trying to decide whether or not to go to the movies....

My husband's friends are in town and we were trying to get together with them this weekend but it seems that it will only happen tonight. They suggested a kid movie for us to see, with my 4 yr old and 2 yr old. My husband asked if I wanted to go since our youngest is only 7 weeks old and I said yes because it would be nice to get out of the house and socialize. I really feel like I have no social life and its hard to have those days where I only interact with kids, so in that regard it would be nice to go. At the same time I am wiped out! I could go to bed now if my kids weren't up! So, this could also be an oppotunity to relax at home. Plu, if I do go I may not even get to watch the movie because I will be bringing out 7 week old, and if he's awake and not doing ok, I may have to hang out in the lobby!

Precious333

Asked by Precious333 at 8:13 PM on Nov. 8, 2010 in General Parenting

• I say go. There are enough adults to handle the kids. IF not, maybe they can come to your place and hang out while the kids are watching a movie on TV.

Good luck.
    mom2queenie2004

Answer by mom2queenie2004 at 8:50 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Personally, I feel a movie with a 4, 2 year old and a 7 week old would be way too hectic, for me anyway. Couldn't you just invite them to hang at your place? I know you want to get out, but at least you'll get to socialize with them over and not have to worry about not enjoying yourself at the movies.
    moniquinha

Answer by moniquinha at 8:15 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Is the baby breastfed? if so, put him on the tit and he will be fine. That's what I always did with my dd and it worked till she was about 5 months old
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 8:18 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I really don't want to change plans on everyone, especially since we are getting in free through a friend.
    Precious333

Comment by Precious333 (original poster) at 8:19 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• yes, he does breastfeed, but he is sooo picky about when he will nurse! My other two took it whenever I offered, this one will just play if I offer it when he's not hungry lol. I'm thinking he'll sleep through it anyways.
    Precious333

Comment by Precious333 (original poster) at 8:21 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I would be fine taking a 7 week old, but a 4 and 2 year old I wouldn't. The odds of them having long enough attention spans to sit through what may be more of a movie geared towards adults would be boring. When my youngest was 18 months I attempted this with Narnia and he screamed bloody murder. I wound up having to wait in the lobby and entertain him. Not fun.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 8:35 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• we aren't seeing a movie geared towards adults, we are seeing a kids movie :)
    Precious333

Comment by Precious333 (original poster) at 8:36 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Go and try to enjoy.

Answer by older at 8:43 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• thanks, I think I have decided on that :)
    Precious333

Comment by Precious333 (original poster) at 8:49 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I wouldn't go. Maybe to dinner but with a movie if the baby got upset like you said you could have to leave the movie :( Maybe you can go on a play date with some friends & the kids? Hope it all works out!
    CayShek

Answer by CayShek at 10:34 PM on Nov. 8, 2010