What do you think of charging 32 dollars from one town to the next for cab fare?

Instead of going local roads, they go on the highway and take ez pass tolls. Crazy? I freaked and he dropped me off and took 23 dollars

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:28 PM on Nov. 8, 2010 in Shopping

• It depends on the distance, and how much business is in the area. I would expect larger cities to charge less, and smaller towns to charge more. My last cab ride was 20 miles from a town of approximately 40k to a town of maybe 3k and cost $30.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 8:32 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Lol, the cabs gotta make a living too.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 8:30 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Yeah, well I am out of work and it is a 10 minute ride. What a ripoff to take the highway and take tolls, rip off!!!!!!!!!!!Especially when you can take local roads..
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:31 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Usually it is a set rate per mile and usually they go the fastest route. Sounds about right and I am sure here it would cost a lot more.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 8:32 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I think you should stop using the cabs.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 8:34 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• They know the local roads! Rip off they go on the highway and take tolls so they can charge them onto the fare. There is no way a 8.50 fare turns into 32 dollars in a few years. It is because of tolls and highway. Total ripoff...........
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:37 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I only used a cab because I got lost and there was a cop following me . I also had an accident because I got lost so I had to go to the doctor. I definitely know how to get there now!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:39 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• So you called a cab from the accident to take you to the hospital? And how does getting lost make you have an accident? Okay, I think I'm lost now.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 8:43 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• No, I had an accident a few months ago. There was a detour on a really dangerous road and I crashed. So I took a cab today. In fact, when coming back with my husband tonite on the same exact road there was another accident!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:45 PM on Nov. 8, 2010