Ugh, the *joys* of pregnancy :/ What is this in my underpants?

I know that discharge is normal in pregnancy but I am thinking that I am actually leaking urine cuz that is what my underwear smells like.

If it is urine wouldn't I actually feel it coming out of my body? My panties are almost always wet and I am constantly changing them.

Before people freak, I know that it is not my bag of waters. This has been going on for months. I am just too embarrassed to ask my male Doctor.

girlneffy

Asked by girlneffy at 1:14 AM on Nov. 2, 2008 in Pregnancy

• do not feel embarrassed, if it smells like ammonia it is urine. it happens with pregnany. wear a panty liner. if you sneeze or cough hard you may leak worse at those times. having multiple children only worsens the issue. you will okay after delivery when the pressure is released some and try to empty your bladder as often as possible.
    NURSE_MOM_OF_2

Answer by NURSE_MOM_OF_2 at 1:20 AM on Nov. 2, 2008

• NURSE_MOM_OF_2 got it right on the nose!! With my son lol I leaked a little here a little there throughout the whole pregnancy, with my daughter this time it's worse and with the coughing and sneezing it's horrible, I try to cross my legs before it happens but I don't always remember and my lovely husband gets a chuckle from it. Don't worry hun everything that your experiencing is completely fine and normal
    Married2theBest

Answer by Married2theBest at 2:37 AM on Nov. 2, 2008

• ditto, i actually didn't make it to the toilet completely once - as i was pulling my pants down, woopsy! And I DIDN"T feel it comming out, at first I thought it was my water breaking....I also do leak more and have the same strong smell. I reccommend changing your panties often or wear a liner - because my lips actually got somewhat irritated from the problem, and its no fun.... good luck!
    itsaboy1208

Answer by itsaboy1208 at 4:24 AM on Nov. 2, 2008