Did God create the small pox virus?

If yes, is it wrong for humans to try to wipe it out? If you think it's not wrong, why not?

Dr.Donna

Asked by Dr.Donna at 8:47 PM on Nov. 8, 2010 in Religious Debate

• yes
    no
    survival of the fittest

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:48 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• – collapse
    No. Satan did. God created the vaccine.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:51 PM on Nov. 8, 2010 (hidden) + expand

• No....the virus just happened....like we did....and some intelligent scientists descovered the vaccine.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 8:54 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• HAHAHAHA! god created the vaccine! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA *snort* HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!.... *gasp* HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!.... OMFG!!!!..... HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Really? OMG... *shakes head*
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 8:55 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• OK, in all seriousness now. The virus (like all others that have not been specifically engineered by man) simply occurred. We (mankind) created a vaccine. We're at the top of the food chain, survival of the fittest baby- we instinctively wipe out anything that competes with, or harms our own. Unfortunately that has lead to our overpopulation... Historically speaking, we're overdue for a good plague.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 8:58 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I agree with what the anon said. And, it's rare I agree with anons, but I do in this case.
    jaycietaylorgma

Answer by jaycietaylorgma at 9:01 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Yes, G-d created everything. No, it's not wrong to wipe it out. Why? because G-d also gave us the intelligence to survive parasites that attempt against our lives. Even the Bible supports killing in self-defense and that's simply what we do by killing these parasites.

Sharon
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 9:55 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• no, only the thief (i.e. the devil) comes to kill, steal, and destroy. God sent His son to die for our sins, sickness, disease, poverty, etc. If God created disease, then why would Jesus heal what was of the Father? Just like when Jesus calmed the storm. All disease, disaster, etc. is from the devil.
    kittieashy

Answer by kittieashy at 10:02 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Yes, God created it. No, it's not wrong for humans to wipe it out, because God gave man dominion over the earth.
    Gal51

Answer by Gal51 at 10:21 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I think some of the virus we get was created by God, for ppl not listening. For example the 7 plaques that hit Egypt because he wouldn't let "gods ppl go." I can be wrong, I haven't studied it so, its just something that came to top of my head. lol
    1Giovanni

Answer by 1Giovanni at 10:40 PM on Nov. 8, 2010