Is cleaning and eating deer a bad thing to do at 26 weeks pregnant?

Im 26 weeks pregnant and I still clean and eat deer. Some people say that I shouldn't clean them and some people say its fine. Some say I can clean but not eat.

Kate1220

Asked by Kate1220 at 8:51 PM on Nov. 8, 2010 in Food & Drink

• There is more harmful bacteria in one bite of commercially processed hamburger than you'll ever encounter anywhere else in nature. It's absolutely fine, just was after handling, KWIM? :) Oh, and have some venison for me!
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 8:53 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I wouldn't eat an animal that I didn't know what it had been eating or been exposed to,especially while pregnant. Cleaning it,well if you got the stomach for it...

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:54 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• its fine...i did tit..
    they say deer is more healthy then whats one the market bc there is no fat!
    leAnn21

Answer by leAnn21 at 9:10 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Shoot girl, you're fine! I'm pregnant and I still do it.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 9:16 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• lol i eat it but could never clean it
    kileighsmommie

Answer by kileighsmommie at 9:16 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I've hunted, cleaned, and ate deer all my life. Never bothered me. I perfer that over anything for the most part. Thanks for answer my question guys :) ya'll put my mind at ease. I't took me long enough to concieve this kiddo and I would hate to lose or hurt her.
    Kate1220

Comment by Kate1220 (original poster) at 9:23 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• It's safer than any meat you'll find at the grocery store. Good for you!!!
    kbakeman

Answer by kbakeman at 9:23 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I can't stomach cleaning it, ever - I can only see the live animal or the chunks of meat in my crock pot! So...ask your OB about the cleaning, but there is nothing wrong with eating it - it's much better for you than other meat!
    Anonymous

• its organic.. no hormones or chemicals and naturally fed diet... what meat could be better for you? Seriously though I ate venison almost everyday of my pregnancy with my son.. and he as healthy as a horse.. has only been sick less than 5 times in his life.. and a lean muscle power house.
    MamaJasmine

Answer by MamaJasmine at 5:18 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Kudos to you for the cleaning part and I agree with the others venison is clean, hormone-free meat.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 2:55 PM on Nov. 9, 2010