What do you believe about signs (like virgo, leo, etc.)

I think that the signs are something that are real, just not in the way that most people do. I personally believe that God instituted it and man and satan ran with it. I mean, the magi that went looking for Jesus when he was born did so because they read the stars... just wondering what others out there believed about it...?

momof2redhedz

Asked by momof2redhedz at 9:07 PM on Nov. 8, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• It's not an exact science, it depends too much on speculation and interpretation to be accurate, but yes, some of it is true. But to read and follow our daily horoscopes? I wouldn't count on that any more than I'd let someone else dictate my life! So like Ceasar was quoted as saying "The fault, dear Brutus, lies not with the stars, but with ourselves"~ I'm a Pisces, by the way- one of the dual signs that are "hard to read"- like Gemini and Libra. Some people are just much more spontaneos or creative and behavior can best be predicted from PAST behaviors- not future intuitions.
    dawnf69

Answer by dawnf69 at 7:48 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I think the study of stars and patterns and such is a very reliable and interesting thing.

However, horoscopes(or anything like that using birth signs to predict)are hit and miss depending on who is doing the calculations and all that.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 9:43 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I'm a Leo, to a tee! So, yeah, I believe there is significance in astrological signs. I mean, it makes sense if you think about it. The brain is at it's most vulnerable directly after birth, and we know the gravitational pull of the moon and stars has an effect on the earth and on those who are on it - hence the craziness around a full moon... SO it makes sense that the gravitational pull of those same aspects at the time of birth would affect the brain of newborns... And it would be easy overtime to place certain behavioral aspects as the "norm" through certain astrological set ups... Really, when we look at it from a basic scientific aspect, it makes sense...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:16 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I think it's a crock of crap. Both my ex husband and my fiance are Taurus and they are NOTHING alike. Don't they say that if you are a certain sign you have a certain type of personality! Well I proved that wrong and I don't believe in any of that.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 9:18 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I don't believe in any of it. I don't believe in Astrology or the Devil...all of it is fiction, a substitute for knowledge and reality.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 10:59 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• There's a difference between Astronomy and Astrology. I'll just leave it at that.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 10:25 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• What I have personally found is that astrological insight on my sign--Gemini--are rarely accurate. Then I found out why with visions of a lavender-pink sky. I'm not from this galaxy. So the stars here don't affect me. No astrological reading will be correct. I have had my birth chart done, confirming that I'm a reincarnated alien, and SOME of it was right. That does happen on occasion and sometimes it even offers sound advice. But you can get the same effect with random guessing. I read my horoscope every day. Sometimes I even get a good laugh out of it!! I've also read that the Magi were astrologers, and that they saw a rare astronomical conjunction and knew that a king had been born in the East. Makes more sense than them wandering around the deserts of the world and just "happening" to find Jesus.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 12:07 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I don't think your sign has anything to do with how you act.
    HomeAlone45

Answer by HomeAlone45 at 7:51 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• somewhat
    missfittangel

Answer by missfittangel at 7:34 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• somewhat
    missfittangel

Answer by missfittangel at 7:35 PM on Nov. 10, 2010