Look what this Canadian is saying about President Obama

http://www.seniorlivingmag.com/articles/america-hes-your-president-for-goodness-sake

I find it interesting that other countries see Obama one way and we in America see him another.

35yoamom

Asked by 35yoamom at 9:11 PM on Nov. 8, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• There has never been such vulgarity and disrespect in our country,. A certain part of America has lost its mind. - Kerp.

You are so right. Just look at the forums these days. We're a nation breeding discontent. Disrespecting others opinions with condescending remarks does not gain you respect, it just makes you look foolish and immature. The nation is full of them, their negativity breeds and some swallow it up because they have nothing useful to share.... How do we grow with that sort of mentality festering around us?
    parrishsky

Answer by parrishsky at 4:12 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• The author of that article has apparently been wearing both a blindfold and ear muffs for the past ten years. Getting picked on isn't an Obama first, it started with Bush.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 9:16 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I love how he complains about us complaining about our leadership by complaining about his own leadership.

"In President Obama, Americans have the real deal, the whole package and a leader that citizens of almost every country around the world look to with great envy. Given the opportunity, Canadians would trade our leader, hell, most of our leaders for Obama in a heartbeat."
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 9:19 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• A certain part of America has lost its mind.

Now this I agree with, however I don't think we agree on exactly who it is that have lost their mind.
    DSamuels

Answer by DSamuels at 10:21 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• The most important opinion should be what this country thinks since that is who he is serving. If my kids said I'm not a good mother and I said other people think I'm great; would it really matter? It's typical though for people to look for outsiders to validate them when their own will not. Also easy for people looking in from the outside to like what they don't have to live under. His choices don't effect them to the degree that it effects us so If most don't like him, that is a BIG problem no matter how anyone tries to slice it.

SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 10:26 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• lol GWB was hammered daily ..day in and day out..BADLY..so give me a damn break..whiner.There are alot who still hammer GWB today...'my hair won't lay right..damn that GWB!' They absolutely refuse to givehim credit for anything..:ahem: Timelime pullout from Iraq..yeah O gets the glory for that one yet had nothing to do with the planning.

This is a biased POS
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 7:48 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I haven't read this yet, but positive or negative, when did one guy become "other countries"?
    DEpley

Answer by DEpley at 9:14 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• The author's main point (and mine) is that NEVER has a President been so attacked with such vulgar and demeaning language and nastiness

Did you sleep through Bush' presidency?

And who really cares what one progressive Canadian says?
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 5:18 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• NEVER has a President been so attacked with such vulgar and demeaning language and nastiness

***

Yeah okay KerpiLu! LOL

GW Bush

V.

Obama

Can you spot the differences?!

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:16 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• eh..it doesn't matter what another country's resident says/thinks about the POTUS/us/our country/our laws/etc...why would it move me either way? he might as well live in a deep cave of the australian outback..when an outsider has an opinion concerning our country that i'm to pay attention to, he'd better become a citizen first.

and no, i didn't check the link. because it wouldn't matter.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:24 PM on Nov. 8, 2010