Do you get leg cramps? If so, how do you get them to stop?

I get leg and butt cramps all throughout the night. I can't seem to get them to stop and then I can't go back to sleep! HELP!!! What should I do?

Steph723

Asked by Steph723 at 9:11 PM on Nov. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• my docter told me that i should eat a banana b4 bed...try it ...it really worked for me!
    leAnn21

Answer by leAnn21 at 9:14 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Bananas do help. When I get them I stand on the leg, eventhough it kills. Then my husband massages.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 9:16 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Deficiency in potassium, magnesium, calcium, and vitamin D will all cause leg cramps. Eat a peanut butter sandwich, a banana, and a glass of milk in the evening. it will get you a big boost in all 4 areas.
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 9:36 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• get up stretch your legs and take a tums. My ob told me to do this for mine and it has worked miracles.
    coolblue289

Answer by coolblue289 at 10:00 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Increase your potassium and dring plenty of water.
    ncbirdie

Answer by ncbirdie at 10:09 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• i had bad leg cramps when i was pregnant with my ds...my ob said drink a glass of water and eat a banana before bed, it helped some but i would also put a heating pad under my legs when i'd go to bed too GL i hope you get some relief i know it hurts like crazy!
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 10:22 PM on Nov. 8, 2010