TTTC and OVarian Cysts?

Hello ladies. My hubs and I go tomorrow to get my Mirena out so we can start TTC. we are very excited and nervous at the same time. about 2 1/2 months ago i had an ovarian cyst rupture and when they did an ultrasound they found there were 2 or 3 more along side of it but they said they should go away on their own. my question is if they havent went away will it hurt my chances of ttc? if they have went away will they hurt my chances? im trying to stay positive in this whole fun exciting time in our lives but im afraid that will set us back or hurt me and i just dont even know where to begn looking up the info. any help would be greatly appreciated!

Mama_Mandy085

Asked by Mama_Mandy085 at 9:22 PM on Nov. 8, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• From what I know, once the IUD has been removed, you should still ovulate, and the cysts won't really affect fertility. They may still give you a lot of pain, and I would definitely talk to your doctor about it. Cysts sometimes burst (very painful, as you know), sometimes they don't, and there's no way to know until it happens which it's going to be. I just Googled "ovarian cysts and fertility" and got this article from the Mayo Clinic.  According to that, unless your cyst is related to endometriosis or PCOS, then it shouldn't cause an issue. (Mayo Clinic is a very reliable resource)  There are other articles under that search as well.  I would still talk to your doctor, but I think you can breathe easy.  Good luck, and happy humping! ;)

musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 2:27 AM on Nov. 9, 2010