How does your skin change during menopause?

I know.. I need to google it and see a doc and blah blah.. I want to know some real life experiences.. my skin has been acting WEIRD. My scalp and face have gotten so oily that I'm grossing myself out.. it's like I'm going thru puberty again. How did your skin change? I'm 30, but I know menopause can hit at any age.

mhaney03

Asked by mhaney03 at 9:35 PM on Nov. 8, 2010 in Health

• I can almost gaurantee its not menopause. More likely you are deficient in B vitamins.
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 9:39 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I'm not sure of the changesyour skin goes through, but unlike what PP said, I would NOT rule out menopause all together. I'm 33 and I'm in the beginning stages myself. It started a couple months after having our last baby (he's a year old today). My grandmother went through it and was postmenopausal (completely done) by the time she was 35.
    LorisChar

Answer by LorisChar at 12:29 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I've been having perimenopause since about 37 (41 now). I have had the skin issues. I think it's the fluctuation of hormones. However, since I started taking 500mg of Vitamin E every day, the hot flashes and skin issues have backed off.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 2:12 PM on Nov. 9, 2010