Is there a trick to hand expressing?

I've GOT to express tonight. DS is being treated for strep throat, and he just didn't want to nurse before I put him to bed. I'm going to be one very uncomfortable mama before morning, not to mention after four days of him nursing less than usual, I'm concerned about my supply going down.

I saw a couple moms on here saying it was easy, but I've always found it to be tedious and uncomfortable, and I've never expressed as much as I want to express tonight. Is there a trick to it?

Adelicious

Asked by Adelicious at 9:37 PM on Nov. 8, 2010 in General Parenting

• Yes, take a warm shower and bend forward with the water on your back and hand express. It helps if you wait a few minutes in the water before trying to express any. Also make sure to squeeze your nipples from different directions and press all the breast tissue and gently need it to make sure your get as much out as possible.

Good luck!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 10:03 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Do you have a pump?
    kbakeman

Answer by kbakeman at 10:27 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Do it in the shower.
    gypsyjewels

Answer by gypsyjewels at 12:20 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• No pump. Yeah, that's how I've done it, Beautee.
    Adelicious

Comment by Adelicious (original poster) at 12:51 PM on Nov. 9, 2010