I need help! everytime i put my baby down he crys....evenwhen he was sound asleep...what am i suppoed to do?

I feed him and then put him down to change his diaper...he cries, i try to do anything and he wont stop crying unless he is in my arms only...I know that he is only 7 weeks but this is really getting tough....i really need the advice

funbabyboy08

Asked by funbabyboy08 at 1:27 AM on Nov. 2, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My first baby did this. And I don't believe any baby should have to CIO.. so I spent a lot of time holding him.
    It's difficult to tell what will work. Obviously you've tried the binky (or muffler as i call it), and music.
    what i ended up doing was i took the shirt that i had worn all day.. and layed it in his crib.. and then layed him on top of it .. swaddled tight ( he liked his arms out though) .. played some soft celtic music.. and stood by the crib patting his back until he was asleep. Having the smell of you on the shirt.. the soft music.. and you actually being there.. will help.. then after awhile just the shirt and music, .. and soon you will be able to use both of your hands again to do everything.
    good luck.
    4xmommy2008

Answer by 4xmommy2008 at 2:20 AM on Nov. 2, 2008

• swaddle him thats what I did with all 4 of mine and it worked for all of them do it before you pick him up good luck
    koolest_mom_of4

Answer by koolest_mom_of4 at 1:35 AM on Nov. 2, 2008

• see even when i swaddle him he always wakes up...i know he is not cold and i know that he is not hungry...i know that there is no dirty diapers, and i burp him too....I dont know what is wrong....why doesnt he stay calm?
    funbabyboy08

Answer by funbabyboy08 at 1:42 AM on Nov. 2, 2008

• hmmmm thats a toughie ....then maybe a binkie will help I had to use one for 1 of my kiddos
    koolest_mom_of4

Answer by koolest_mom_of4 at 1:47 AM on Nov. 2, 2008

• some babies like music too my youngest has had tohave music playing all night since she was a newborn shes 7 now
    koolest_mom_of4

Answer by koolest_mom_of4 at 1:48 AM on Nov. 2, 2008

• I used to rock mine in the car seat too ...that might work
    koolest_mom_of4

Answer by koolest_mom_of4 at 1:51 AM on Nov. 2, 2008

• he just wants me to hold him all day and noght long....car doesnt work....binkie works for a couple of minutes.....somethine music works
    funbabyboy08

Answer by funbabyboy08 at 1:53 AM on Nov. 2, 2008

• try a vibrating bouncing chair,it was the only thing that would sometimes help me with my daugther.good luck and i hope you find something that will work.
    momangel05

Answer by momangel05 at 1:54 AM on Nov. 2, 2008

• did you hold him alot in the beginning ? he hay have gotten hooked on being held all the time My sisters baby did and she couldnt ever put her down .....the swing worked for her
    koolest_mom_of4

Answer by koolest_mom_of4 at 1:57 AM on Nov. 2, 2008

• he doesnt like the bouncy chair vibrating or not, what kind of swing did your sister use? I believe that i did hold him too much :(
    funbabyboy08

Answer by funbabyboy08 at 2:20 AM on Nov. 2, 2008