does abortion break anyone elses heart when someone they love chose this? adult content

I have some friends that chose abortion..some for selfish reasons, and some really thought they couldnt provide. It breaks my heart still when i see these girls.. I went to high school with them, and always kept in contact w/ them everynow and then. they are now miserable which again, breaks my heart.

I am christian, and I would never have an abortion, no matter what, but id never talk badly about someone who did either just because i dont agree with it. so no bashing, for i know mothers who aborted will see this...

I just look at children.. and to think someone purposely destroyed that really doesnt sit well with me.. anyone else like this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:38 PM on Nov. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• No. My best friend from junior high on had one. At the time in her life, it was the best choice.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 9:43 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I agree. People just don't wanna deal with the consequences of their actions and killing the consequence is easier. I could never and would never do it. Even if raped, I would keep my baby.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 9:43 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I have reason to believe my sister had one.. but I can't bring myself to outright ask her. We haven't been close in years.. but it does affect my relationship with her and she doesn't even know it.
    mhaney03

Answer by mhaney03 at 9:45 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• no..it never breaks my heart. If someone is "unsure" if they should have their child or not then i would encourage it. My sister did not want her baby and she sat around waiting until it was too late to have one (even though she wanted one) then she was stuck taking care of a baby she couldnt care for..then she ended up dumping the baby off on my mom. My mom doesnt have custody or anything yet but is trying. My sister uses the kid to get things out of my mom. She will say "well i will just put her up for adoption" and "i'm coming to get her and taking her somewhere where you wont ever see her again"...my sister is a sorry peice of shit and i say if for some reason birth control fails you and you don't want kids..then you don't need to fail your kids. abortion is not selfish
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:51 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• i do love my neice though..she is a sweet little girl
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:52 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• i could never do it. u should take reaponsiblity for being irresponsible, but then u have drug addicts and kids who have babies and can't look after themself. let alone a child. i have a friend who did, at the time she felt it was the only thing to do, everyday after that she has wished she never did do it. there is always a way to look after your baby, somepeople are just to selfish or to scared to bring a baby into this world. i just hope people who do do it, really think it through and know its for the best reason.
    otoole

Answer by otoole at 10:18 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Yes it does.

That baby didn't ask for the circumstances it was concieved into and doesn't deserve to die just because he or she is inconvienant.

My sister had two abortions in less than a year and both times were extremely painful for my whole family. The last one I knew about before and TRIED to talk her out of it. She did not use protection at all and just didn't want the baby. All I could hear in my head from 10am (time of the abortion appointment) on that day was a tiny heart beat.

I was devestated.
    Anonymous

• no. i've had an abortion and it was the best decision for me at the time.
    i do not believe that abortion is murder. there is no baby in there living and breathing and drinking a bottle when you have the prodcedure done. its tissue the size of a grain of sand.
    i would rather get an abortion, then give my baby away to strangers, and i would have rather my mother done the same for me if she was ever in that situation. i think its more selfish to give a baby away for adoption, because you dont want to deal with raising it but you made it and brought it into this world, rather then terminating the pregnancy before there ever was a baby.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 11:20 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I took my best friend to the clinic 2 months ago ....then we went back and stood between the crazy people who stood outside of it harassing people and the women who were going into the clinic a week later. So no.
    gypsyjewels

Answer by gypsyjewels at 11:43 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• What I don't understand is why more women don't just carry the baby to term and give it up for adoption. These days, you can have an almost pain-free birth and then the baby is whisked away to parents who WANT the baby so so much. I have friends who can't have kids and it breaks my heart to think that anyone would have an abortion when adoption is a great option. Also, I don't care if you down vote me, but NO woman who has had an abortion is "fine." I've not met anyone who had one and was proud of it or thought it was the best decision in the long run. That's a load of crap.
    JJsMoMMy519

Answer by JJsMoMMy519 at 10:03 AM on Nov. 9, 2010