Is it men that design maternity pants? Grrr! HELP!

So I cannot seem to obtain a pair of maternity pants that stay up. Those bands around the belly don't hold up anything for me.

I am so tired of wasting $40-$50 per pair of jeans only to have them slide down and be very uncomfortable.

Those bands are also seriously hot.

Do you have any other maternity wear suggestions that ARE comfy?

girlneffy

Asked by girlneffy at 1:28 AM on Nov. 2, 2008 in Pregnancy

• How far along are you? The bigger the belly, the better they stay up (or so I have discovered). Something that you can do to help keep them up is to buy a "BellaBand" or another brand of pregnancy belly support. If you wear it over your maternity pants it assists with keeping them (the pants) from riding down. They are also great if you want to wear your non-maternity pants and just leave them unbuttoned and unzipped. You just slip it over the top and wear a shirt over it and it looks great!

AvasMommy810

Answer by AvasMommy810 at 1:36 AM on Nov. 2, 2008

• AvasMommy810

Answer by AvasMommy810 at 1:37 AM on Nov. 2, 2008

• Oh...just noticed that you think the bands are hot...Hmm...the Bella Bands are really thin and not too hot for me. I suppose you could try wearing a snug tank top over the pants...that helps me too.

AvasMommy810

Answer by AvasMommy810 at 1:38 AM on Nov. 2, 2008

• Dependind on how your carrying.... I'd try getting some super low riders and just wearing them under your belly.
    katskelington

Answer by katskelington at 1:41 AM on Nov. 2, 2008

• ^^^ I tried that and super low rise jeans show my ass crack when I sit or bend over...lol

AvasMommy810

Answer by AvasMommy810 at 1:47 AM on Nov. 2, 2008

• search for Gauchos on ebay (get them brand new they are inexpensive) I wish I had these things when pregnant with my son. I am now 7 months with our daughter and they are the only type of pants that I will wear very comfortable and easy to breathe, not to mention it doesn't feel tight around the tummy which is the biggest thing I hate with regular maternity pants - Good Luck
    Married2theBest

Answer by Married2theBest at 2:28 AM on Nov. 2, 2008

• I could only find pants at Motherhood Maternity. I got a ton of them from there and they were super cute and you can get ones with the tiny belly thing. I just tucked the band in and you never knew the difference.
    BabyBreyen

Answer by BabyBreyen at 3:48 AM on Nov. 2, 2008

• i wore my regular low rise jeans until i was 6 months! I also rigged a few pairs with a rubber band and tucked my underwear behind the band so it wouldn't pinch me. otherwise, yes, I have the same problem of the prego pants falling down (the band loosens more as you wear them) I work as a NA and I have a 'gait belt' to hold my scrub pants up! :)
    itsaboy1208

Answer by itsaboy1208 at 4:20 AM on Nov. 2, 2008

• Get some inexpensive stretch pants (yoga style) in one size larger than you would normally wear. The black ones can be dressed up if you need to.
    Kimebs

Answer by Kimebs at 7:09 AM on Nov. 2, 2008