Baby still breech at 30 weeks pregnant

I went to my 30 week check up today and found out that our little guy is still breech. I'm just curious if anyone's baby was breech at 30 weeks and if they ended up flipping head down or not? If they did flip....How many weeks were you? Was it painful? And if they didn't flip did you go in to have the doctors flip baby or did you just have a C-section done? I have heard so many horror stories about the placenta separating from the uterus and also stories about the cord getting pinched and baby dying.

nat1387

Asked by nat1387 at 9:54 PM on Nov. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• im 35 weeks and still breech , i may have to go in for a reversal so they can move baby in postion, but it may end in a emergency c-section....
    guera1977

Answer by guera1977 at 9:56 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• No worries. Baby can flip head down at the last minute.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 9:56 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• There are many natural things that can be done to flip a breech baby. Seeing a chiropracter that is certified in the Webster technique is the best option. Also, there's the possibility that a breech baby can turn in labor; many do. Being able to move around the way your body needs and dictates is the best way to get a baby into the most optimal position during labor when it's been malpositioned. And, should your baby not turn, breech is just a variation of normal and can be born vaginally. You just need a doctor that is willing to keep their hands off and their eyes open.
    ncbirdie

Answer by ncbirdie at 9:58 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• At 30 weeks I wouldn't worry too much about it. My son was breech at 36 weeks. Later one when they tried to reverse him (which I might add was more painful than labor itself), he wouldn't turn and I ended up having an emergency C-Section.

Anonymous

• My son was head down at 30 weeks. Then he was breech at 32 weeks. He turned back to head down by 34 weeks. My husband had read somewhere that playing music on the lower part of your stomach can make the baby move head down. I did that for a little while each night for about a week or 2, and luckily he turned on his own.
    Sillieguze

Answer by Sillieguze at 10:17 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• "still"?
    ;-)
    You should be worried at this early stage~ unless that was a typo and you meant 40 weeks...
    Even then, babies can still turn.

Mine was breech then vertex back and forth many times, lol!
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 11:00 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

•  

At 20 weeks, about one in four pregnancies are breech presentation. By full term, the incidence is about 4%.

Graph of presentation by gestational age

doulala

Answer by doulala at 11:01 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Do not worry you still have plenty of time.
    jshimmy

Answer by jshimmy at 5:15 PM on Nov. 9, 2010