What is your birth control method? Would you recommend it?

I have Implanon now, but it is due to be removed next month and I want to know what else is out there. I miss the patch..it was so easy.

brandyj

Asked by brandyj at 9:56 PM on Nov. 8, 2010 in Health

• Pull and pray, and no, I don't recomend it seeing as how I'm 11 weeks pregnant, lol.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 9:59 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Apparently, our method is abstinence. (DH's doing, not mine) No, I don't recommend it as I am very sexually frustrated.
    Anonymous

• There is a lot of them out there but, do your research because all of them have devastating side effects. We have been doing NFP for years and haven't had "an accident" yet. It is more than "pull and pray" you have to know your body and know what you are doing.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 10:04 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• condoms...oral contraceptives make me vomit so i refuse to take them...condoms is all we ever use, and i've only gotten pregnant when we were trying to have a baby
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 10:06 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• We've always used the pull-out method, lol. It's worked for us for over 6 years. The one time he didn't pull out resulted in our beautiful son. :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 10:09 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Apparently Im immune to birth control so Im not really much help but Ive heard good things about the IUD and a lot of women also like the NuvaRing.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 10:09 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Oh, and would I recommend it? Not really, because it doesn't "work" for some couples.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 10:10 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Lol, vote me down, I don't care. My hubby and I want children we just wanted to wait 6 months longer to try. It's easy to judge and vote down when you don't know the story eh?
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 10:11 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I got sick from the pill and landed in the hospital with a blood clot in my lung from NuvaRing. Of course, I wouldn't recommend those because I nearly died. I no longer use any form of BC- uh, Natural Family Planning but not down to a T. I wouldn't recommend that either because I constantly worry that I'm pregnant. I would say condoms are the best bet.
    Sharell8710

Answer by Sharell8710 at 10:19 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• We allow the Lord to choose the size of our family. And yes, I recommend it wholeheartedly! :)
    fluud7

Answer by fluud7 at 10:19 PM on Nov. 8, 2010