Laying on my stomach at 26 weeks?

I'm 26 weeks and I can still lay on my stomach without it bothering me. I am not big at all I look like I'm 3 months and not 26 weeks. She is healthy and everything but I'm just wondering if I shouldn't or what.

Kate1220

Asked by Kate1220 at 9:56 PM on Nov. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• If it's not making you uncomfortable then you are fine.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 9:57 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• As long as it is doesn't bother you. I was told by chiropractor sleeping on your stomach causes back trouble on down the line. Thought I would throw that in there. I still catch myself on my stomach sometimes though. Hard habit to break.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 9:59 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• If you are comfortable with laying on your stomach, then it's fine. It is recommended though that it is best for you and your baby if you lay on your side though to promote better blood flow.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 9:59 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Agreed. If it's not making you uncomfortable then there isn't an issue. Same for your back. The biggest concern for that is the weight of your uterus pressing into the vena cava and cutting off major blood flow. Some women will freak out because they go to sleep on their sides and wake up on their back. As long as it's not causing you issues, don't worry about it.
    ncbirdie

Answer by ncbirdie at 9:59 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• i hear it is best to lay on your left side.
    lynskyn1970

Answer by lynskyn1970 at 10:04 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• As long as you're comfortable, it's fine. Stay off your back, because that reduces blood flow to the baby. As you get further and further along, you'll just get into any position that is relatively comfortable! =)
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 11:54 PM on Nov. 8, 2010