hoping for baby....

i am 18, and when i was 16 i had an abortion. I regretted it ever since and have tried to conceive since that day. I need help i dont know what to do anymore, im DESPERATE!! Does saliva kill sperm? What can i do to increase my chances of getting pregnant??? HELP ME PLEAAASE!!!!!!!!!!

cannonmama28

Asked by cannonmama28 at 9:58 PM on Nov. 8, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• I had my first baby at 18. I was married at 16 and we tried for over a year to get pregnant. People will always judge but I just take it with a grain of salt. I was born to be a mother. When I was younger and my mom asked "What do you want to be when you grow up?" I would always reply "A mom."

I always wanted to have a family. Age is just a number. It says nothing about your maturity level and what you are capable of. Having a child at 18 does not mean ending your education or that you life is over so don't let anyone tell you any different.

NOW....to answer your questions....

Saliva actually HAS been found to have an affect of sperm because it often contains bacteria and is not always helpful to the swimming sperm. Does that mean that everyone who has saliva down there because of other sexual activities won't get pregnant? Absolutely not. It just means you might want to avoid it.

I would recommend getting
    Anonymous

• Lol, saliva does NOT kill sperm.
    The only way to get pregnant is to have unprotected sex.
    Good luck.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 10:00 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Why do you want a baby so badly? Do you think it will undue what you did? I'm not judging you it's a sincere question. You are so young still have so much life to live before you settle down and have children.
    BeautyFromPain

Answer by BeautyFromPain at 10:01 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• im not a child anymore, nothing can UNDO what i did. i need positive answers not negative. thank you, god bless
    cannonmama28

Comment by cannonmama28 (original poster) at 10:24 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• the book Taking Charge Of Your Fertility.

It will teach you how to chart ovulation and know when the best time is to try to concieve.

I will say that gettting pregnant will never undo what you did. I don't say that to be mean but you simply can't replace the life of that baby with the life of another baby. HOWEVER, I do know that many women have found healing through mothering another child.

Good Luck to you and you future family.
    Anonymous

• Maybe the time is not right for you to have a baby right now. You are so young. If you are, as you say, 'desperate' to have a baby, that is not a good emotional state to be in. You need to be mature and happy with YOURSELF as a person before you can be a good mom. Maybe you should focus on other things for a while and see how you feel in a year or two!
    hollylu

Answer by hollylu at 10:39 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I disagree about the "desperate" thing.

MANY people feel desperate when TTC. Particularly when it takes longer than expected. Not everyone person experiences a field of flowers and a big rainbow when TTC. For many couples, women in particular, this is a very big emotional roller coaster and one of the most painful experiences they will ever go through before they get to the most rewarding experience of their lives.
    Anonymous