Help me to understand my teenage son always getting in trouble in little petty stuff.

MotherBenton

Asked by MotherBenton at 10:02 PM on Nov. 8, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• I'm not sure why, but this is pretty common in teenage boys, and most grow out of it. That's not to say you shouldn't address it, but I don' know of a cure, lol.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 10:08 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• wow teenagers are hard to figure out trust me i have raised 4 total 2 that are mine and 2 step all boys at that! what i have noticed is they seem to do it for attention of some sort from family or from friends. has there been some event that has happened in your sons life to maybe make him act out in such a way? i know this sounds impossible,but it really isn't, have you tried to talk to him about the problems? ask lots of questions your intitled, your his mother. i hope i shed a little light on this for you.
    lynskyn1970

Answer by lynskyn1970 at 10:11 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Thanks for the answer Ladies you help a lot.
    MotherBenton

Comment by MotherBenton (original poster) at 10:14 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Be encouraged! What you are facing is nothing new under the sun. There can be many reasons for his behavior, but one thing for sure, it's growing pains. I have 9 children (5 daughters and 4 sons). My sons are 9, 15, 16, and 17, and I have had my share of challenges with each one of them. Sometimes we have to give them room to grow, make mistakes, deal with rebellion and disrespect when we see it, love them through it, and pray, pray, pray. Out of all of my children I have one child (my 16 year old) who can be very rebellious, and on many occasion my husband and I have had to make it extremely clear that we are running this race together, and when he is in another lane other than his own, we will be diligent to make him get back in his lane. See yourself as the coach and your son the athlete, he may want to quit or do his own thing, but as a coach you have press hard some time to get what you want out of that athlete.
    Lordgivemewizdm

Answer by Lordgivemewizdm at 3:58 PM on Nov. 9, 2010