How much TV time does your toddler get?

I have a 15 month old and I usually let her watch Nick Jr. in the afternoon before naptime and at night. And sometimes when I'm doing something that needs my attention and I don't have to wonder what she's into...so for a total of about 2-3 hours a day, of course she doesn't just sit and watch TV the whole time. Is that too much? How much does your tod get?

Samie8183

Asked by Samie8183 at 10:10 PM on Nov. 8, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My 13 month old maybe watches 10 minutes a day. He's just not interested. I have it on and he won't even look at it, lol.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 10:13 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• based on what the drs say, it is... but i kno what u mean. sometimes its a convenient tool to entertain ur kid... i will say this tho. break the habbit now. i am having issues w/ my 3 yr old not wanting to do nething while the tv is on... so while i am nursing my lo, i have to find something to read if i want her to play
    Phippsandrea

Answer by Phippsandrea at 10:15 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• i would say mayb 3 to 5 hrs aday from time he gets up til he goes to bed but i just play with for the rest of the day
    yankeegirl87

Answer by yankeegirl87 at 10:16 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I have a 13 month old as well who is completely uninterested in TV. Now, my older kids (3, 4, 5) watch about 1 1/2 per day, sometimes more. We watch the educational programs around lunch time together: Sid the Science Kid, Word World, and Super Why.
    fluud7

Answer by fluud7 at 10:16 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Even if we had the TV on all day my son still wouldn't sit and watch it. He's too active to sit that long lol. There are some shows/commercials that catch his attention but that's about it. He does like Thomas the Tank Engine so we'll watch the DVD for a while before bed. But even then he hardly ever really just sits and watches it.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 10:18 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Our TV is on all day... From the time they get up til they go to bed. Most of the time it's little more than background noise, but we never limit them either.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:19 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• My 13 mo is not interested at all but my 2 year old watches a few programs that I record for her. I let her watch 2 shows a day for a total of an hour, usually when younger brother is napping in the morning.
    christinab313

Answer by christinab313 at 10:20 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• We're not the only Sid fans! That's the only show DS will sit through (and barely at that). Here and there we'll watch Sesame Street, but he gets bored quickly with it and plays. He'll stop and watch for a few then go back to playing. So we either watch Sid or Sesame Street every morning while I make breakfast (yay for DVRs!!!). He probably gets 1 to 1 1/2 hours a day, in general. Sometimes more, sometimes less. He's 2.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 10:59 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• i have nick jr on for my son all day basically, from the time he wakes up until he goes to bed. i will change it sometimes if i wanted to watch something but not that often. obviously, i take him out to the park and to do other things every opportunity i get, but when its cold outside or i dont have any money.. the kid needs something to do. i think nick jr is very educational and i dont see a problem with it all and quite often it is like a backround to him playing. he will be playing with a truck, not paying attention to the tv for 15 minutes, and then stop and watch the tv when something really interesting comes in.. so i let him watch it basically how and when he wants to, but if we are home, i almost always have it on. he is 17 months old.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 11:17 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• She gets about 2-3 hours a day. I let her pick out one of her movies, and after that, its off.
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 2:17 AM on Nov. 9, 2010