What are some ways to feel less "settled" in our marriage...some ways to spice it up a bit?

Lately Ive been feeling like my husband and I work around each other alot. We dont spend as much time as a couple or even as a family with our son. I feel like we have hit a rut...any suggestions on how to get out of it?

staciwoods

Asked by staciwoods at 10:10 PM on Nov. 8, 2010 in Relationships

• make a family "date night" since its ur whole family... or for just the 2 of u... do something u normally wouldnt do. take some kind of hobby up that u all like.
    Phippsandrea

Answer by Phippsandrea at 10:13 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• thanks :) We have been talking about joining the local gym here and giving tennis a try...but it will have to wait til after Deer Season is over. Maybe Im feeling more lonely at the moment because Ive only seen my husband a total of two hours since Friday, and will probably only see him a total of 5 all week because Im going to San Diego for 4 days...Oh my, now Im just complaining. Sorry. Thank you for the ideas.
    staciwoods

Comment by staciwoods (original poster) at 10:17 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• well, i have been in a rut before... we kinda are now. we made a good investment in a wii. and play games on that. i've never been away from my dh for that long so my sympathy goes out to u. good luck
    Phippsandrea

Answer by Phippsandrea at 10:23 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Oh, well the week being apart isnt anything really - we've done deployments and field opps where there were months apart - so that doesnt bug me too much. It's more that since he got out of the military, or at least active duty, its almost as though we dont cherish our time together as much. So Im hoping that me going out of state for a few days will kinda remind him of how we used to feel about spending time together.

A wii is a good idea - we have one. We actually just started using our wii fit together again, and its fun to watch how the other does and try to beat them lol. We are both very competitive :)
    staciwoods

Comment by staciwoods (original poster) at 10:28 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• If you can afford a vacation together, just the two of you, it's a great way to remember the fun side of each other. DH and I went to Sint Maarten over the summer, and we travel very well together. It was really great. Even just a weekend getaway can make a big difference.
    I also agree about doing things you normally wouldn't. Have either of you ever been sky diving? Do something you're afraid to do, and do it together. You'll keep each other calm and have a great shared experience that will bring you closer together.
    Even a day hike together, maybe with the kids, is nice. You can talk with few distractions, and the scenery can give you something to talk about.
    With winter coming, you guys can all take a snow day, and either spend the day in the yard, making snowmen, or drive to where there is snow and go sledding and such.
    Good luck, mama! =)
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 11:05 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• thanks for the great advice! I think Im going to ask him to go away for the weekend with me...maybe somewhere just an hour away or something once I get back from SD. And he's been skydiving, but I havent...Id have to think of something that would scare him lol He thinks hes invincible. I appreciate the suggestions :)
    staciwoods

Comment by staciwoods (original poster) at 12:30 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• we both have a busy schedule & a 11months baby so it becomes a bit difficult for us to manage.But we make it a point to spent some time at night exclusively with each other b4 we sleep
    A11

Answer by A11 at 2:49 AM on Nov. 9, 2010