very highly upset now that i think about it...(*vent*)

so today was picture day at my daughters school,so when she got dressed i let her put on her gold earrings that says her name there not hoops because i know the school has a strict policy on hoops and dangling earrings so anyway i don't really let her wear them to school but i figured since its pictureday why not well today when i pick her up i ask her were is jewelry she says its in her backpack so just a few minutes ago i tell her to bring it to me so i can put it up,she brings her ring i ask about the earrings and she gives me a note from her substitute teacher basically saying that those earrings were not acceptable in school and he had to remove them from her ear.OK so wears the earrings?he didn't give them back!Ugg i emailed her real teacher and told her the story and she said there is nothing she could do about it she will be back in school tomorrow but i would have to go threw the district to get in touch w.him>:o!

LABELmeCUTE

Asked by LABELmeCUTE at 10:16 PM on Nov. 8, 2010 in General Parenting

• That is ridiculous. Is it a public school? I guess I didn't realize there were regulations on jewelry. How old is your daughter?
    fluud7

Answer by fluud7 at 10:18 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• that is messed up!!! i would be seriously pissed. there is no reason he should have kept them if he let her keep the ring in her backpack. i would be highly suspicous of theft after that bc thats what is sounds like. unfortunately since its a school rule, idk what u could do about it. but still, does she not get some kind of warning? why are they banned in the first place. ugh, good luck
    Phippsandrea

Answer by Phippsandrea at 10:20 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• That's not right at all. What is wrong with him? And other supplies. I had an incident last week with one of my kids and I called the school and wanted to talk to the teacher and she was already gone and they didn't know when she would be back in. So I could get any info that I needed. It's a pretty easy quick buck for them and they mess things up. I hope your situation get resloved quickly and in your favor, and get your dd earrings back!
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 10:23 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Where were the earings?
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 10:23 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Seriously school dress codes are getting way ridiculous. I can't believe he would take them and not just have her put them in her backpack. I would be calling everyone I could get a hold of from the teacher on up the line. That is just plain madness!
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 10:23 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• This would seriously upset me!! All you can do is open your mouth to everyone about the situation...maybe it will attract enough attention so that they will change the policy. We all know how influential word of mouth can be!
    CayShek

Answer by CayShek at 10:24 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• In my school district, unless it is a weapon or drugs or something like that, the most they can do is to keep it until the end of the day, then they HAVE to give it back.
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 10:26 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• If you knowingly sent her to school out of dress code, then too damn bad. Sorry, but it is your fault.

Keep your panties on, I am sure when the teacher gets back to work tomorrow they will help you locate the earrings. Surely you don't expect her to know where the earrings are when she wasn't even at the school today. They are probably in her desk.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 10:27 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• bullsh*t....i'd be at that school 1st thing in the morning expecting my dd's earrings
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 10:28 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• If they met the dresscode, I see no reason for him to have to take them, especially as a sub. I'd go down there first thing b/c tht sound suspicious!
    Dark-N-Prego

Answer by Dark-N-Prego at 10:33 PM on Nov. 8, 2010