Did you play with barbies as a child?

What was your favorite barbie?

1Giovanni

Asked by 1Giovanni at 10:30 PM on Nov. 8, 2010 in Just for Fun

• nope, my mom never bought me one... one time my estranged g-ma got me and my sis one, but we ended up never playing with them. wierd, huh?
    Phippsandrea

Answer by Phippsandrea at 10:32 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I had so many barbies when I was little! My favorite was one that you used ice water/warm water to change the color of her hair :P My DD is 4 and just starting to like Barbie, at first I was hoping that she wouldnt because barbie has too much crap but now I am kind of excited and my mom just told me that she kept a few of mine and plans to give them to my DD soon!
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 10:32 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I had about three I did not care what their names were I just played with them.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 10:34 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Yes, I had a couple of Barbies, but my mom preferred for me to play with "little girl" dolls. She thought Barbie dolls would make me grow up too fast!
    hollylu

Answer by hollylu at 10:35 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• My favorite barbie was "Kissing barbie." We where very poor and when it came out during the 70s I never thought I would get it for xmas. I was so happy when I got it, that was the only present I got, but that was so ok. lol
    1Giovanni

Comment by 1Giovanni (original poster) at 10:35 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Nope, I had GI Joes. My sister had them and I usually ended cutting off their hair or pulling the heads off to annoy her. I was very much the tomboy and anti anything my sister liked!!
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 10:36 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• but of course...back in those days my sis and I used to get left over peices of carpet and glue it to the inside of our doll carrying cases. It was like a livingroom and we used lincoln logs for furniture. My dd had this whole barbie dream house....lol
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 10:37 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I loved Barbies when I was little, I had tons of them, lol.. My sister & I used to play all the time :) I cant remember a favorite though.
    xxMasonsMommaxx

Answer by xxMasonsMommaxx at 10:43 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Yep! ALL the time....there were 3 of us girls (all within 3 years of each other), so we had every barbie known to man! Lol! And we had all the accessories....what used to make me so mad was my oldest sister (3 years my senior) would spend an HOUR setting up the house, furniture, cars, etc., how she wanted and then when it was FINALLY time for me to play she'd say "Ok....I'm tired of playing this" and walk off! LOL! We still laugh about that to this day....
    HaydensMama07

Answer by HaydensMama07 at 10:44 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Yes. I never made them talk or walk though. Usually I would just dress them and decorate Barbie's Dream House. I always thought it was strange when I played Barbies with other girls and they used their voices and like acted out stories and stuff lol.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 10:44 PM on Nov. 8, 2010