Why wait to vaccinate? Or should I do it at all.

dhiannian

Asked by dhiannian at 10:32 PM on Nov. 8, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Oh boy! Just wondering are there actual questions you have that would make it easier to answer? This general question usually starts a war.
    buzymamaof3

Answer by buzymamaof3 at 10:37 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• We are a vaccine free home. I feel it's a choice that should ONLY be made after education on the matter. However, I do feel that should you choose to vaccinate, it's best to at least wait a few months and/or selectively vaccinate rather than simply going with the "accepted schedule."

If you haven't started your research on the issue, HERE, is my website which has all the starter information. And you should also take the time to watch THIS...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:38 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• You may also want to take your specific questions to the "Choosing Not To Vaccinate" group here on CM. There is a lot of information there and many knowledgeable moms who can answer specific questions and give you personal experiences as well...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:40 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I was just wondering what the dangers are? My son goes for his 2 mo apt the 29th and they are planning to give him his first set. I just wanted know what they were doing to him. I will checkout your website, thank you:)
    dhiannian

Comment by dhiannian (original poster) at 10:46 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I choose to have my son vaccinated. It's the best option for most kids and the risk is relatively low. In my opinion, the benefits outweigh the risks. Of course you should do your research from unbiased sources, though. I wouldn't recommend sites that are geared towards one side or the other. Look up the facts, not opinions, and best of luck!
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 10:48 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I did chose to vaccinate but we did it selectively and on our timetable.
    mom2priceboys

Answer by mom2priceboys at 10:49 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• There aren't many dangers. Don't let all the anti-vaccine nazis try to scare you. Like LovingSAHMommy said, risks are relatively low, and the benefits GREATLY outweigh any potential risks. If you have any questions, Talk to you doctor!!!!!
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 10:51 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Ok that site has totally freaked me out, but I dont think i can refure them if my son is on state health. Any advise?
    dhiannian

Comment by dhiannian (original poster) at 10:51 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

Did you wait longer than 2 months?
    dhiannian

Comment by dhiannian (original poster) at 10:52 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• You can refuse whatever you want even though your child is on state health insurance.

I personally chose to selectively and delay vaccinate. My children will never receive a flu shot or a chicken pox vaccine. All other shots are given 1-2 at each appt.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 10:53 PM on Nov. 8, 2010