Worried!

Has anybody else went without going to a dr for 21 weeks and the baby still be fine?

Kaceya1245

Asked by Kaceya1245 at 10:42 PM on Nov. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Lots of people go without seeing there Dr. I didn't ever go to a Dr with mine. I had a midwife:) you'll be fine!
    BJN2in10

Answer by BJN2in10 at 10:59 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Have you had any kind of prenatal care? If you go to the health department they can give you some prenatals and help you get insurance
    ladyambition

Answer by ladyambition at 11:05 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Not having any type of prenatal care (midwife, doctor, or doing it yourself) is not wise but many women have perfectly healthy babies.

As long as you are taking prenatal vitamins, eating healthy and avoiding pregnancy dangers like large fish, alcohol, etc. your baby will more than likely be fine. They don't really DO anything at the appointments for most women that really changes the growth and development of the baby. Mostly the appointments are just to make sure there are no problems (babies growing right, heart sounds good, etc.) and education on how to have a safe pregnancy.

THAT BEING SAID...IF there IS a problem....MANY of these (such as growth retardation- slow growth or lack there of) can be corrected in the first trimester if they come up but are difficult, if not impossible, to correct fully later in pregnancy because of the type of development at those stages.

GET PRENATAL CARE ASAP!!
    Anonymous

• the title of your question is "worried"...if you're worried about it, then go see a doctor.
    waleb1002

Answer by waleb1002 at 11:21 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I didn't figure out that I was pregnant until I was 26 weeks and DS is healthy, happy, and absolutly wonderful.
    We had one DS, 81/2 at the time, and we had never prevented another pregnancy, but it had never happened. Then in 2006 I had a stroke and that messes with your periods, so I didn't even consider that I was pregnant until I wasn't feeling good and took a test on a whim. To my surprise it was positive. Well I thought that I was 16 weeks at the time, but they wouldn't do an ultrasound until I had testing connected to the stroke. When we got to ultrasound 10 weeks later DH kept saying,"We're having a baby in 3 months!" When they asked haw far I thought I was I said 26 weeks, they said,"No, you're 36 weeks." DS was born 3 weeks later on Leap Day and was a very healthy 7 lbs. 4 oz.
    Good Luck! Take care of yourself and you're little one.
    dmbutler

Answer by dmbutler at 11:26 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• A baby being fine has less to do with seeing a doctor and more to do with the woman's lifestyle during the duration of her pregnancy.
    gypsyjewels

Answer by gypsyjewels at 11:40 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I was 19 weeks before I knew and got to see anyone. My kid is 14 now.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:15 AM on Nov. 9, 2010