Is there a such thing as "implantation cramping" and if so when would a person experience it?

I ovulated on last Sunday (October 31). I had a REALLY strong cramp that lasted about 1 minute or so on my right side, very low in my abdomen.

Could this be pain from implantation or possibley something else?

**Just FYI....this is my first ovulation since I had my son 16 months ago (I'm breastfeeding)...I don't know if that matters or not.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:51 PM on Nov. 8, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• TO be clear....I had the cramp TODAY...not on the 31st.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:52 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• It wouldn't last one minute. Implantation takes longer than that, and it's very unlikely you would feel it. It would happen sooner than a week post ovulation, too. More like a few days. A week is a really long time.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 11:15 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I'm not saying implantation only took a minute but could the pain have been from the baby burrowing in the uterine wall?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:18 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• If you were having pain associated with implantation (again, not common), it would have been for hours.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 11:52 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I think I felt the implantation with my son (around 9 days after ovulation). It's hard to describe how they felt, but I had never felt anything like it before or since, so I'm pretty sure that's what it was. It felt like little twinges of pain on and off for quite a while, rather than the kind of dull, achy pain I usually have with menstruation. Some people feel it, but many don't feel it at all.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 12:00 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• According to this article it normally happens between 8 and 10 days after ovulation. It also says it can be brief.

http://www.buzzle.com/articles/implantation-cramping.html
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 12:05 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I'm not sure if what I experienced was implantation cramping but about a week before I was supposed to start my period, I had really mild cramps that just camp and went randomly for about 3 days. They weren't really painful but there were strong enough to where I noticed them. I thought it was odd because normally I would get really bad cramps all at once and then start my period either that same day or the next. So I took a pregnancy test 4 days before my period and it was positive! I don't know if that helps you at all but it was just something I experienced.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 12:31 AM on Nov. 9, 2010