How do I know when my water break

I am only seven months but what signs do I look for when my water break and I am goin into labor

benitaapplebomb

Asked by benitaapplebomb at 11:20 PM on Nov. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• when your water breaks, bloody water will come pouring out of your vagina for a long time. thats how you will now :)
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 11:20 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• You feel feel a gush of fluids when your water breaks. It is a clear, watery discharge that typically has a very sweet smell. It will not be sticky and will soak through your underwear.

When going into labor, you will experience tightness and pain in your abdomen area, and more than likely back pain.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 11:22 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Trust me you will know, it feels like a gush of water and is mostly clear but may have some blood in it.
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 11:23 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• They broke mine for me at the hospital. Felt like I wet the bed, lol, icky!
    EverydayMomma

Answer by EverydayMomma at 11:25 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• It's not always a gush. Mine was a trickle. I thought I was peeing uncontrollably all day long. It wasn't until it turned pink (and I did the math that I was still peeing as much as normal on top of it) that I figured it out. TEN hours later! LOL. As someone who is studying to be a midwife, I laugh at myself for not knowing! It can happen to anyone. Ultimately, you'll figure it out. But most women have contractions before their water breaks.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 11:25 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I didnt even know mine had broken with 2 of my pregnancies mine just leaks very very slowly
    mom_of_amzng_3

Answer by mom_of_amzng_3 at 11:49 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• No-
    It won't always be bloody.
    You won't always know you are leaking, or it won't always be obvious.
    But generally it's more than a faint trickle.
    And generally it happens late in labor.
    But sometimes earlier in labor.
    Sometimes before labor starts.
    And sometimes not at all! (Baby is born in the intact sac.)

Usually, we can watch for contractions that intensify and become more frequent.

;-)

Good luck!

doulala

Answer by doulala at 1:13 AM on Nov. 9, 2010