one more night (please no bashing)

so i know ive been posting a lot about my hubby lately and thanks to all for letting me vent. but i need some advice, my hubby is giving me one last day to spend time with him and then after that he wants to split. I reluctantly agreed as im missing him terrible but now im wondering if theres anything i can do to make that one day last a few and then forever. Does anyone have any advice for me?

meagan678

Asked by meagan678 at 11:23 PM on Nov. 8, 2010 in Relationships

• he's giving you one last day to spend with him....wow...he thinks pretty highly of himself doens't he...who says things like that. "I'll give you one last day to spend with me before i leave you".....don't spend one more day with him and find someone who feels lucky to spend time with you...thats my advice!
    waleb1002

Answer by waleb1002 at 11:26 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I know it's hard to hear, but if he needs to go, then you have to let him go. You can not make him stay with you. It sounds as if his mind is already made up, and so for it to last forever, is probably not going to happen. I'm sorry that your marriage has been struggling. I'm sorry he feels he cannot make it through the hard times. I wish for you nothing but the best. Wedding vows are not just words, they are meant to be kept and cherished. Some people don't think the same way though. Again, I'm sorry. Maybe this "one last night" you can just remember the good times you had together so you can part with better memories. Good luck.
    Sharell8710

Answer by Sharell8710 at 11:27 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• badI can only imagine how hard this is for you. He is a jerk and he never deserved someone as good as you are. What a disgusting proposition on his part. Shame on him for wanting to use you and toss you out like garbage. You are so much better then this, you deserve to be loved and cherished. Dont lower yourself to his level. I know its hard to believe but someday you will be so happy that you kept walking away from his dirty deal. Its all about respect and he has none for you.

beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 11:31 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• How heartbreaking. I wouldn't even spend another night with him. You need to gather your broken heart and self respect and move on. Find somebody who wants you each and every night.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 11:32 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• In 100% agreeance with waleb1002! She took the words right outta my mouth...
    HaydensMama07

Answer by HaydensMama07 at 11:36 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• i know i shouldnt spend one more night with him but a part of me believes then he'll see that we can have a great time together once again. i dont know if this sounds crazy but i just want to be with him so bad.
    meagan678

Comment by meagan678 (original poster) at 11:37 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Don't spend another night with him. What a jerk!!!! Your soon to be ex sounds like a pompous ass. You deserve so much better! Don't feed his ego by spending another minute with him - don't let him think that you need him. Keep yourself busy, get a makeover, go out with the girls, whatever you can do to get your mind off of him.
    Good luck hon!!
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 11:37 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• You need to do what you need to do. I learned the hard way with one ex bf who kept coming back for one nighters. It broke my heart when he left me and I felt just like you did. It took a long time and a lot of hard lessons for it to get through to me that he wasnt coming back for good, he was coming back for sex. Each time it got harder for me to heal from the encounter, each time after he got up to go home I was left in my apt, in my bed alone. One day I went to the hospital to visit him after a surgery and he acted very nasty to me. I finally came out of the trance I had been in for so long and finally saw him for who he was. We can talk at you all day and night, but it wont make any difference till you can see him in his true light. I wish you luck hon. I would suggest counseling at some point to help you with your feelings.
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 11:44 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• This is just sad :( Please don't put yourself through this. Be sure to walk up to him and sweetly pronounce "You know? I think I can find something much better to do." Then walk away. You'll feel better about it in the end. Good luck!
    Raging.Pink

Answer by Raging.Pink at 11:54 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Tell him you don't do long goodbyes, there's no last night. Get the hell out, and don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way buddy! Keep a shred of your self-respect intact! He wants out-put him out like the day's trash! It never works for one person to be holding on while the other is just looking for an escape route, he doesn't need to do you any favors, there are a lot of men out there who would be happy to be with you and who would treat you right!
    MamaAlice54

Answer by MamaAlice54 at 12:14 AM on Nov. 9, 2010