SORRY ONE MORE POLITICAL QUESTION! I KNOW THEY HAVE BEEN BEATEN TO DEATH.

I WAS JUST WONDERING IF OBAMA BECOMES PRESIDENT ( I AM NOT TRYING TO START ANYTHING) BUT WHAT IF HE DOES AND IS ASSASSIGNATED, HOW DO ANY OF YOU THINK IT WILL AFFECT THE COUNTRY? I ASK THIS BECAUSE I HEARD SOMEONE SAY AT MY JOB THAT IT COULD CAUSE A OUTBREAK OF RIOTS OR EVEN A "RACE WAR". SOMEONE PLEASE GIVE ME SOME FEEDBACK OR YOUR OPINIONS. AND PLEASE NO SMART REMARKS- NO ONE DESERVES DEATH. LET'S KEEP IT TACTFULL.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:42 AM on Nov. 2, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• Assassinating the President is one of the least patriotic things a citizen could do. Even talking about assassinating someone if they get elected into the position is unpatriotic. Honestly, at this point, I think that we are living amongst our own worst terrorists. People are so ignorant. On another note, Obama knows that there is always that possibility, more for him than anyone else. That is a risk he is obviously willing to take. That is also why he has a VP that he thought is suitable for running the country. I trust that Biden could do the job, if such a tragedy were to occur. I am much more worried that McCain's health will fail and we will have a hockey mom as President.
    TeaAndrews

Answer by TeaAndrews at 9:21 AM on Nov. 2, 2008

• I agree with your concern! I am voting for Obama and have felt the same fear of some extremist trying to prove a point. I get so damn sad at the thought that some crazy person or group or white supremist or their group in this country (post 9/11) may retaliate to prove some point. On 9/11 some ppl here in Los Angeles IMMEDIATELY began violently attacking Iraqis, Muslims.......anyone with a turban or a covering. I can only imagine how much lower people will stoop just to get their 5 minutes of shame.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:51 AM on Nov. 2, 2008

• All Presidents, worry about that very thing. It doesn't matter what color, or religion, it goes thru their minds.security is very good, so hopefully that won't happen.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:12 AM on Nov. 2, 2008

• WELL I THINK HE WILL BE JUST FINE THERE ARE ALOT OF PEOPLE TO PROTECT HIM IF BUSH HAS BEEN OK THEN I'M VERY SURE OBAMA WILL BE REMEMBER THE POPE ALMOST GOT SHOT BEFORE ! AS FAR AS RACE RIOT WELL THERE ARE VERY FEW RACIST GROUPS I THINK THERE IS MORE LOVE THAN HATE IN THIS COUNTRY ! BUT I KNOW THAT THERE WILL BE MAD PEOPLE ON BOTH SIDES ! OBAMA HAS MY VOTE BUT IF HE DOES' NOT WIN I WILL BE VERY VERY MAD BUT I WILL NOT RIOT HE IS DOING SO WELL THAT IF HE DOES LOOSE THEN I WILL THINK ITS RIGGED UP SOMEHOW JUST HOW IT WAS WHEN BUSH WON LAST TIME !!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:48 AM on Nov. 2, 2008

• Presidential assassination will traumatizes every citizen. If the president is killed, my security is threatened. I believe this would be a particularly difficult scenario to live through for the American people. We would run through the emotions of grief in significant and intense ways. It would be highly charged with the press being key in keeping the American people on a positive track. I want the president to be safe and healthy, regardless of who he is for everyone's sake.
    manna1qd

Answer by manna1qd at 8:01 AM on Nov. 2, 2008

• IS MCCAIN EVEN IN THIS RACE! I swear, Obama is competing with himself on this site.

From what I have seen, McCain could have a heart attack and die if he gets elected, and the people would go on four or even 8 with out noticing. For the amount he is noticed a cardboard cut-out would DO! Why NOOOOOO talk about McCain?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:55 AM on Nov. 2, 2008

• In the beginning I was for Hillary but when she did not get the nomination I was for Obama until this convo came up at work . I came home researched Biden .And after reading much material was very unhappy with the thought of this man running our country should something happen.Then i started to do more research on all of them.(Obama , McCain, Biden and Palin ) and I came to the conclusion that I did not wnat Obama or Biden in power.While I may not agree with everything I feel I made the best choice of candidates for me and my family.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:38 AM on Nov. 2, 2008

• anon 7:55 - I am very concerned about McCains health. I think we would all notice!!! It would be hard not to with a uninformed Palin in charge.
    jcsscfam5

Answer by jcsscfam5 at 10:41 AM on Nov. 2, 2008

• if he wins there will be alot of pissed off people and if he loses.....they will say it was fixed and trouble will start.... man, obamas really got this all around his finger huh?
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 11:47 AM on Nov. 2, 2008

• ummm....race war....i doubt it. most blacks, if not all, are smart enough in this day and age to not do stupid stuff like that. will we be mad, hurt, and upset...yes....but will be go and burn up every building...I doubt it. I wonder where these people are getting there information from. not every black man in america is an angry black man and not every black woman in america is an angry black woman.
    bxbsmommy

Answer by bxbsmommy at 12:53 PM on Nov. 2, 2008