How can people WANT to give the government more money to burn?

Explain to me the logic behind letting the Bush tax cuts expire BEFORE reigning in spending and just giving these people more money to burn?

Don't you think THEY should stop blowing money before they start taking MORE of our money?

Why should the economic problems of the country ONLY hurt the people, while politicians take whatever they want?

lovinangels

Asked by lovinangels at 11:23 PM on Nov. 8, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I would love to hear a logical explanation, but all you're going to get is that same fuzzy math that actually believes taking in less money is the same as spending more money (in the same way they believe giving someone a 5% raise instead of a 6% raise is the same as a 1% pay cut).
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:24 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I am right there with you lovin. It is a total lack of sense imo. All this increased revenue will do is give them more money to spend on turtle tunnels, studies as to why gay men have unprotected sex when they are drunk, teaching black men how to clean their tinky winkies and such. Is this REALLY the kind of thing people want their money spent on?

I might be fine with it IF they were going to put every penny toward paying off our debt....otherwise..nada.

yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 11:26 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 11:38 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• BOTH- NOT 1 OR THE OTHER, if the goal is to pay down the deficit and put this country on the road to positive- So which is it? Do you want to solve the problem or half azz it, because the real solutions are too hard????

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 11:38 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• NPR....BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA......***sigh***......BAHAHAHAHAHA....Yeah a COMPLETLY nonpartisan entity ;)

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 11:40 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I WANT (as I've said a gzillion times) them to cut their spending down to the bare bones BEFORE they go all buck wild with the five bucks that's left in my pocket at the end of the year. I don't give a damn why gay men want to have sex without condoms. I'm guessing it's the same reason straight men do. Because it feels better. Can we have that million back now, please?
    lovinangels

Comment by lovinangels (original poster) at 11:41 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• LOL lovin! This^^^^ cracked me up! I'm sorry I just can't seem to get past the stupidity of this study or the tinky winkie one either! LMAO!
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 11:55 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• People who make over 500 million a year are not generally worried about that last five bucks in their back pockets- These are the folks like Whiitman who plunk down 142 million to lose an election. So cutting the spending to bare bones AND letting those tax cuts expire are the answer to our problems- BOTH not one or the either.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 12:04 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• you're right, Momof, my source is not a non-partisan entity . . . the NPR article is reporting the analysis of David Stockman, Reagan's OMB director.

you might want to see someone about that maniacal laughter issue.
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 12:16 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Auto, the bush tax cuts were what helped us in the years past so why all of a sudden is it going to bankrupt us? Those tax cuts are not what brought us here. They will not be the cause of a bankrupt America. Obama and his supersized spending is what is going to bankrupt us. You guys just can't get off the bad bad Bush trip can you?
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 8:13 AM on Nov. 9, 2010