Does anyone else want a baby but know you can't afford it?

I know I can't be alone in this, but it certainly feels lonely. I am a SAHM to a 3yo boy, have been trying to find work but getting nowhere. My SO is in school and working odd hours. I know there is no way for us to TTC for 2-3 more years, until he finishes school and has a better job, but my urge for a baby is so bad it hurts. :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:24 PM on Nov. 8, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• yeah, i want a daughter so bad. and just a sibling for my son, but i actually dont want it right now. i dont want to get pregnant for another year. but im still atleast a year away from being done with my bachelors degree, cant find a good job yet. im hopefully going to getting a CO job but thats going to be months away probably, and my SO only makes 12 $ an hr now - will be making 15 in january. but me and him, were not really sure if were going to be together forever so thats a problem too because we have to figure that out first and i just hope its all done and figured out in a year.
    but yeah just wait it out and it will be better to do it when the time is right
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 11:28 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I am there with you. I so want another child. My son has been asking for a little sister for about 6 months now so apparently he is ready for another child too. Unfortunately I am in school right now and it will be at least 3 years to finish since I can only go part time.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 11:30 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I want a baby SOOOO badly, but I need to finish school (another 3 years before we can even start trying!!). It kills me to think about. I just have to settle with borrowing the babies of friends for now.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 11:30 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I know the urge to have a baby can be strong, but you have to think about the baby and not yourself....if you have a baby knowing you can't properly take care of it then you're just being selfish....wait till you are in a better position finacially to take care of another child then ttc...it will be better for everyone.
    waleb1002

Answer by waleb1002 at 11:30 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I want more kids also but Hubs and I both got fixed so it is out of the question forever.....We have thought about adoption but do not have enough money for that!! So, I feel ya......Julie
    mom2priceboys

Answer by mom2priceboys at 12:11 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• My advice, If you wait until you can afford it you will never have one. God always provides! I would just do it! Unless of course the circumstances are extreme.
    mlmsm928

Answer by mlmsm928 at 10:11 AM on Nov. 9, 2010