Breast Feeding

I plan on breast feeding how will i know when she is full

benitaapplebomb

Asked by benitaapplebomb at 11:25 PM on Nov. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Your baby will nurse until he/she is full. Don't worry. He/she will let you know.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 11:26 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• She'll tell you. She'll stop nursing, fall asleep, lose interest, all kinds of signs. Trust in her and your instincts, mama, and you'll be great! =) Congratulations on your decision to breastfeed! It's a wonderful experience, and one of the best things you can do for your child's long term health and well being!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 11:28 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• the lactation specialist at the hospital when you deliver will also help you with all of these things.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 11:30 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Your baby will stop nursing. You should allow your baby to nurse until they are done - and then you should offer them the other side as well. :)

Check out the book "Ina May's Guide To Breastfeeding".
    gypsyjewels

Answer by gypsyjewels at 11:39 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• she will unlatch or get restless this could also mean a burp tho. if she is like my kids when she falls asleep!
    mom_of_amzng_3

Answer by mom_of_amzng_3 at 11:47 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Agree with all the other posters. My son would just unlatch or fall asleep.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 12:19 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Since breastfeeding is nature designed, so are kids' responses. Their bodies know how much they need, when to stop, when to eat, etc. Latching on seems like it should be instinctual, but it usually isn't. Don't let it get you down. For me, with my first, the first 2 weeks were tough, painful, frustrating, and sleepless. After that, with a little help from a local lactation specialist, and lots of support from friends and moms on here, we both learned how to make it work, and we're still going strong. Congratulations on your decision! You won't ever regret it!
    Reenieredhead

Answer by Reenieredhead at 12:26 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Oh, another good book is The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding. It's the La Leche League "bible".
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 2:50 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• This can be hard to know for first time mothers. Some babies will eat and eat, or be done eating, but are still sucking for comfort and you don't notice. When I first started, I felt like I would nurse for an hour or more. Then finally I got the best news from a nurse, she said if you are nursing for atleast 10 to 15 mins on each side, that is good. So I started to just pull her off after about 10 or 15 mins and put her on the other side. It is just trial and error. You'll figure it out. It's in your nature as a mother.
    moviemom22

Answer by moviemom22 at 11:34 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I echo all the responses.

Here is a great nursing website: www.kellymom.com
    squish

Answer by squish at 12:02 PM on Nov. 9, 2010