Has this ever happened to anyone? I'm getting scared..

My hands lock up, mostly my joints. When I'm holding heavy items for a few seconds, its like my joints lock up and it hurts. I think it's getting worse though, today I couldn't even hold up a pan of noodles I made, and when I was so weak I couldn't even make a fist, and was shaking. Any ideas?

sunshineemommy

Asked by sunshineemommy at 11:39 PM on Nov. 8, 2010 in Health

• Do you have pain associated with it? Family history of arthritis? It might be worth a doctor's appointment. Good luck!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 11:43 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I don't know but it definitely does not sound normal. Can you go to a doc?
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 11:44 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Do you have tingling? Shooting pain? I have suffered with Carpal Tunnel Syndrome for a couple years and just months after it started I had to quit working at my job (day care center) because I could no longer carry and hold babies. It's awful. Make an appt with your Dr. and ask if it could be Carpal Tunnel. They may do an EKG on your wrists. Good luck! So sorry.
    Sharell8710

Answer by Sharell8710 at 11:47 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Athritis maybe? Or Carpal tunnel? Go to the doc asap if it continues. GL
    Anonymous

• I dont think it's carpal tunnel but I don't know. Arthritis runs in my family. No tingling or shooting pain. I think I willl make an apointment.
    sunshineemommy

Comment by sunshineemommy (original poster) at 11:57 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Have you been doing a lot of repetitive motions with your wrists/hands? Pay attention to your posture and keep wrists as neutral as possible. Strengthen your back muscles around your shoulder blades.
    kbakeman

Answer by kbakeman at 12:12 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• the only things that come to mind for me are carpal tunnel and arthritis.
    honestly, i would see a chiropractor before a medical dr.
    if it is carpal tunnel a good chiropractor can help you with it, and even arthritis symptoms can be lessened as well.
    when i breastfeed (because my posture is awful) my wrists get very weak. it can be hard to lift a heavy pot, or a pot of water.
    the nerves that run down into your hands exit the spine from the neck, so a good cervical pillow and good posture can be very helpful as well.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 1:40 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• i get this some times with arthritus but thats just me, gl x
    san78

Answer by san78 at 1:41 PM on Nov. 9, 2010