Do you have a bedtime ritual?

My son brushes his teeth, then we read 1-3 books depending on length and then I usually sing him a song or two before I kiss him goodnight.

kmath

Asked by kmath at 12:07 AM on Nov. 9, 2010 in General Parenting

• Give my son a bath at 9pm. Let him play in the bath until around 9:15-9:20pm. Get him out, floss then brush his teeth, clean his ears (usually every 3rd day).. Get him dressed, then I lay down with him and sing to him until he starts getting drowsy.. Then I leave the room and allow him to fall asleep the rest of the way.. But sometimes when Im laying with him, I wind up falling asleep as well, lol.
    xxMasonsMommaxx

Answer by xxMasonsMommaxx at 12:16 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• My older kids get jammies on, brush their teeth, give hugs and kisses and go to bed. I always go back and tuck them in after they get settled, usually laying with them for a few minutes to talk about their day. My "baby" is 2 and I give him a glass of milk, read 1-2 books, and then rock him for a while. Lovely time of day!!
    mama2000_1

Answer by mama2000_1 at 12:14 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• That sounds perfect!! =) My Son takes a bath, brushes his teeth, we read a story from his "Five minute bedtime stories" book Some nights he prefers to play in his room until he gets sleepy..and he HAS to havehis "LARRY" the cucumber from veggietales =)
    WhitneyMommyOf2

Answer by WhitneyMommyOf2 at 12:59 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I change her diaper if needed, my husband usually brushes her teeth, I read two or three books, then I nurse her. If she doesn't fall asleep nursing, then I lay with her until she is asleep.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 10:34 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Yep, in the winter it is dinner, bath, jammies, some Nick Jr...or the new fav the Magic School Bus, then books then prayers and the tuck in.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:05 AM on Nov. 9, 2010