drinking?

how often do you have an "adult beverage" whether is a glass of wine or a beer and do you drink once the kids are asleep or with dinner

Parkers_Mommy8

Asked by Parkers_Mommy8 at 12:23 AM on Nov. 9, 2010 in Food & Drink

• a couple times a week.. usually the nights I work.. it helps me to shut my brain off and go to sleep...wow that totally sounded dependant..lol

Tzutchka

Answer by Tzutchka at 12:25 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I have never been a real drinker. So I am not the best person to answer this. I personally haven't had a drink since my 21st birthday, 4 years ago. However, I know plenty of responsible parents that have a drink every so often. A night or two a week, a glass of wine probably won't hurt anything. My husband will occasionally have a beer while I am work, after the kids go to bed. He does it maybe 2 times a month, after the kids go to bed. Now my kids see my FIL drink a beer or two at every barbeque or holiday gathering. I have no problem with that, I feel it shows that you can drink responsibly.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 1:54 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I'm the same as PP...except I'm a SAHM. And I always do it when kids are in bed.
    HaydensMama07

Answer by HaydensMama07 at 12:28 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Red vino a couple of nights a week. My kids are grown.
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 12:42 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I actually stopped drinking all together a few weeks ago. I was buying that box wine and noticed I was drinking a little more each night. With the box wine you cant really keep track of how much your consuming b/c you cant see the wine like when its inside a clear bottle. Didnt like the feeling or the fact I wasnt available for my kids in the middle of the night if something happened. I feel better in the am for it and Im proud of myself for doing it. Plus as a bonus, Im saving a ton of money...lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:57 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• A few times a week. I love wine to relax before bed once my kids are asleep.
    LiviandEmmysMom

Answer by LiviandEmmysMom at 2:07 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• my DH is deployed right now and there are nights were I could really use a glass of wine or two and I always feel bad when I actually do
    Parkers_Mommy8

Comment by Parkers_Mommy8 (original poster) at 12:30 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• i actually dont unless I'm out with the girls or if hubby has something than I'll sip his but for me to have a drink it has to be social
    toybar02

Answer by toybar02 at 2:53 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I drink a glass of wine after my DS is in bed almost every night
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 4:08 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I like to have a glass of wine with dinner...I usually drink adult beverages in front of the kids.....moderation is the key, not hiding it from them as if I'm doing something wrong.....
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 7:38 AM on Nov. 9, 2010