When did you take the training wheels off your kids bikes?

kmath

Asked by kmath at 12:24 AM on Nov. 9, 2010 in General Parenting

• I actually waited till they'd had the bike long enough to want the wheels off, then I took one training wheel off aat a time, so they had time to adjust from not having to balance to having to balance with one off then balancing with two off, hope this helps
    mommyof2girl2

Answer by mommyof2girl2 at 12:34 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Last spring at 7.5 years old.
    My daughter's class was going on a bike trip but not enough knew how to ride yet, lol.
    So we started to work on it... even though the trip was canceled.
    But there were several others who were learning at that pace and many who'd been on 2 wheels for a couple of years already...
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 2:00 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• This summer, my oldest was almost 5 and his brother almost 4. This started a block trend. We had 4 of them doing it all at the same time, it was fun. I could not believe my 3 yr old did so well. They are both on two wheels since July.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:04 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• #1 and #2 got them off the same summer (2008).  They were 8 and 6 1/2 at the time.  Took them a couple days to figure out how to ride without the training wheels.

The next summer we took them off #3's bike.  At first she refused to even go near it but then her friend learned to ride and she tought my dd in a few hours how to do it.  They were so cute.  She was also 6 1/2.

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 1:05 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• betwee 3 and 4
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 1:14 PM on Nov. 9, 2010