Do You Feel Like You Have The Best Of Resources In Your Community?

GreatestGifts

Asked by GreatestGifts at 12:47 AM on Nov. 9, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• No!
    DigiScrapperMom

Answer by DigiScrapperMom at 12:48 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• The best No. But we do have pretty good resources.
    1Giovanni

Answer by 1Giovanni at 12:52 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Uuuhhh ... yes?

Our kids were able to take lessons for playing instruments and there was a local symphony youth program for elementary, upper-grade regular, and upper-grade excellent skill levels ...

They had opportunities for baseball, basketball, track, swim team, karate, horse-riding lessons ...

As good workers, they always got summer jobs - often two or three ... and they were requested by previous employers: dishwasher, woodwork business, metalwork manufacturer, baseball scorekeeping, swimming pool lifeguard, construction contractors, tutoring in math or musical instruments or teaching karate ...

The Fire Dept. had a program for high school kids to train & assist on calls.

Starting around 14, they were able to attend classes at the local Junior College: higher math, languages, creative writing, history, economics, ballroom dance ...

Because of all these community resources, they got full scholarships to
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 1:00 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• no there is very little for anyone above the age of 9 to do around here. You have to drive many miles away to neighboring counties and states to find things to do. It sux. Hoping we get to
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 6:41 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I guess that depends on what you consider resources. Are you talking about children in general, special needs children, cultural activities, family activities, city/town infrastructure, or what specifically? Because I think you're going to get a wide variety of answers based on everyone's specific wants/needs/issues. :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:00 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I was thinking the same thing LK.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 7:51 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Yes! We live in a city of 30,000 and our city has wonderful resources of all kinds. We have used many of them through-out the years of living here. As far a PA, our county does that stuff though we have a food bank and the ability to get the info needed to obtain other forms of assistance.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 8:08 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Yes and No.but I do feel like our church provides some of the best resources to our community. We have recently teamed up with the county Rep for effectively finding those that need help and matching them with the agencies and volunteers. We provide one day a week free medical clinics, housing for abused women and their kids, housing for young men trying to get off substance abuses, an almost free daycare and preschool, a food bank, and a shelter for times of Natural disaster. We provided the community with a park and picnic area, a site for girlscouts and boyscouts, sports complexes and an open auditorium for local events when needed. Our rural area had basically nothing up until 2 years ago, we've done alot.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 8:55 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I am not sure. I am happy with the County Libraries....that's all I need. :-) I take care of myself.
    Oh,we don't have to pay a FEE to the Fire and Rescue people if our homes catch fire!
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 11:03 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• We dont have the best but we have some pretty good ones.
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 12:45 PM on Nov. 9, 2010