How did you introduce Whole Milk to your baby??

My DD is almost one! I have given her whole milk a couple times at lunch...but what about at night??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:57 AM on Nov. 9, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• He's 2, and we've stuck with low fat or soy milk, so never! Our pediatrician said to do this (DS isn't overweight).
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 2:00 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• My son is 3 now, and I started giving him whole milk at 10, maybe 11 months. The first day, he had an ounce of milk. No bad reaction, so I gave him two ounces the next day. No bad reaction, so the next day he got a full glass. We used whole milk for a while (I don't remember if it was a full year or just 6 months), and then started using 2%.

makelineerror

Answer by makelineerror at 7:22 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• My dh gave her the 1st bottle of it. Well it was half milk half formula. Then the next bottle was plain milk. She took it pretty good! Some kids are easier than others!
    mercy928

Answer by mercy928 at 9:42 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• The first couple times I mixed 1/2 milk 1/2 formula, then tried the plain milk after that and he was fine with it. We did whole milk from age 1-2, then switched to 1%.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 9:48 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I just gave it to him at 11 months when the formula ran out, he was fine.
    mlmsm928

Answer by mlmsm928 at 10:04 AM on Nov. 9, 2010