so i trusted my husband to finally go out with hes friends and look what hes doing!!!

ok so finally after all our trust issues i tell him that its ok for him to go out with hes friends and have fun but he needed to call me a midnight to let me know if he was going to work or stay longer out--he left at 10:00pm and its 1:00am NOW!!! im calling hes cell phone and nothing he wont pick up --- im so mad right now and honestly i dont want to EXPLODE on him when he comes home so what should i do????

ps.
(we been married almost 3 years and we had really bad trust issues because of some stuff that he has done in the pass..)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:38 AM on Nov. 9, 2010 in Relationships

• Yeah, he has some 'splaining to do when he gets home. Put a pillow and a blanket on the couch and go to bed. He can stay on the couch so you don't shove his face into a pillow overnight. =)
    Guys just don't get it sometimes. I'm sorry this is one of those times, hun. I'd be pissed, too!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 2:41 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• When my hubby goes out with friends he makes it a point to do something /bring sth for me so that he can 've me in good mood
    A11

Answer by A11 at 2:46 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Im sorry but I chuckled a bit when I read how long he has been gone. 3 hours is not a long time, especially if there wasn't a planned time I wouldn't be upset with him yet. Check what times the local bars close and expect him home 1/2 hour after (Drive Time/Taxi wait)

Sorry If that at all sounds rude but I know that the bars close at 2am here and I don't expect my SO to be home until 2:30a. Same the opposite way, If I have a girls night out I don't have a curfew, just come home, don't wake anyone up, and be up with the rest of us at the normal time.

Hopefully that helps
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 3:19 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I think she's more pissed that he didn't call when he said he would, and she can't get ahold of him. Plus, it sounds like he's given her reason in the past to worry.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 3:54 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I think you stop calling him and try and go to sleep. In the morning, you sit him down and talk to him about it. Seeing as you have had issues with trust in the past and you had set down some ground rules while still giving him what he wanted, you deserved to get the respect from him to at least follow those rules. I think you should sleep because fighting with him while you are tired is not the best idea. Things could be said that wouldn't normally be. 3 hours isn't a lot of time, maybe he lost track, hopefully that was the case. If you can sleep on it and talk to him in the morning you will be in a position to say, I held up my end of the deal, you didn't, what happened?
    ILoveCade

Answer by ILoveCade at 6:18 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• First of all...in this day and age, it's never okay for a man to go out with just his friends. You didn't say where he was going but if it was to a bar or something like that...that's a double no, no!
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 9:11 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Go to bed and talk to him in the morning.
    Guys can weird about feeling like they need to "check in" with a wife, like they are their mother.

I am sorry you have trust issues. This is exactly the reason why I left my Ex that cheated on me. Times like this, where if you trusted him 3 hours, out with friends... would be no big deal. But when you don't trust someone you fall apart. The time away is not that long, you told him to go and know where he is supposed to be. If you are committed to working on this relationship, you are going to need to try to trust him again and he is going to need to be deserving of that trust. (I couldn't do it. Falling apart when someone doesn't answer a phone or comes home late. I didn't trust him and would not live like this.)
    Niki_sd

Answer by Niki_sd at 9:34 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• all these troubles after only 3 years? I say that maybe you should consider cutting him loose!
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 9:38 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I would lock my door & not let him in when he comes home.

I agree that 3 years is too soon for all this. Sounds like he was not ready to commit & be a responsible husband.

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:42 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• 3 hours and your trippen?. Chill out. You're not his mother, if I was him I wouldn't call home either, you are treating him like a damn child.
    gulfcoastmom4

Answer by gulfcoastmom4 at 10:48 AM on Nov. 9, 2010