My daughter is 5 wks old and I dont feel any connection to her whatsoever...all she does is eat, scream and poop. I hate myself for feeling so negative but I am really feeling angry and resentful towards her. When will this change??

hg216

Asked by hg216 at 3:27 AM on Nov. 9, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Post partum depression. I had it really bad. See your doctor and get some meds. Don't be embarrassed like I was. Do something sooner than later. You'll get through it.
    .
    LiviandEmmysMom

Answer by LiviandEmmysMom at 3:31 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Are you gettinng any help with her?
    Where is Daddy?
    You sound both exhausted and perhaps a little post-partum depression, please go talk to your Dr
    mom2priceboys

Answer by mom2priceboys at 3:32 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• i agree post-partum depression go see your doc thell give you meds to take -- i never had that when i had my daughter but i did met some people that did and it went away with time
    Genesis29

Answer by Genesis29 at 3:39 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• It can be very normal. I was not even comfortable calling my son by his name for a couple of months. It was always 'the baby' or 'your son' to my husband. PM me if you want.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:12 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• See your doctor.... but you should also try kangaroo care/ skin to skin, it really helped me to connect with my son after I had an extended hospital stay away from him.
    lmt_mom2010

Answer by lmt_mom2010 at 8:25 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I agree with PPs. Talk to your Dr about post partum depression. And definately do skin to skin. Take a bath with her. Take your shirt off and leave her in a diaper and snuggle up with her on your chest and a nice blanket to keep you warm. But PLEASE go talk to your Dr!
    Jayme

Answer by Jayme at 9:06 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• This is beyond normal. This will all change when she gives u her first smile, even if it is gas.
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 9:19 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I had a really hard time adjusting to my 2nd son. I loved him very much but the bond was not there nearly like it was with my 1st. Is this your 1st or 2nd. Also both my boys were colic and very difficult to enjoy. The older she gets the more you will feel connected to her. The fact that you feel guilty about how your feeling is an obvious sign that you care! But definately go talk to your doctor because it is definately post partum. Good Luck and message me if you want to talk to someone who knows how you feel.
    mlmsm928

Answer by mlmsm928 at 10:03 AM on Nov. 9, 2010