why is everything an arrgument? *darn navy life*

what should i do my husband is in the navy he is going throught "a school" right now and when he gets a chance he will call or txt me but almost every time we argue its sad to say but he does complain alot like a girl,....he wants out so bad and doesnt like it there or want to live with having that job, i on the other hand im preparid way more than him to deal with this life but we argue cuz he wants attention all the time and for me to worry about him(even tho he says he doesnt) and shit i send him gifts and surprises in the mail and while he is at school send a txt sayin how much he means to me and how i love him, but he doesnt do crap for me i want attention and love too! how do i keep from the arguements about every little thing???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:13 AM on Nov. 2, 2008 in Relationships

• tell him how you feel, and how you would appreciate if he would speak his mind about how he feels towards you. I am sure he is having a tough time where he is and not bing able to be with you. You are a strong woman! I couldn't do what you are doing!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:21 AM on Nov. 2, 2008

• I am a Army wife and my husband is currently deployed. My husband does complain and I to some degree think he deserves to do that much. It's usually about how much he hates being where he's at and about how much he miss me and our kids. I'm sure its hard on him being away from you and that's probably why he acting the way he is acting. Just tell him what you told us about the things you need from him. He needs to hear that. As for arguing I'd just tell him that if you want to argue then I'll let you go for now and with that said then just say that you love him and miss him and will talk to him later. Hope this helps.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:55 AM on Nov. 2, 2008

• Give him a time limit at the beginning of the conversation and let him say whatever he wants,you just listen. When his time is up,its up. But you also get the respect of having a grumble time.Then just talk about life in general.he does complain alot like a girl,  I am sorry, but, I disagree with that statement. I have found out that men in general complain a lot more than women. They can cover it and stuff, but, men are worse than women when it comes to complaining

Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 4:45 AM on Nov. 2, 2008

• It's probably really hard for him to adjust to being away. Just be supportive and patient with him....Navy wives keep the family afloat!
    sbastille

Answer by sbastille at 7:21 AM on Nov. 2, 2008

• my husband is in a-school right now too and you're right all they do is bitch and complain about how hard their life is like it isnt hard for YOU to reconcile yourself to the fact that he's gone and like YOU aren't the only one home with the baby. I bet money that you get less sleep then your husband does. I actually finally got fed up with my husband bitching and complaining about everything I did, how could I let the baby watch TV, why did I spend so much money on food and clothes (for me and our son), how could I have forgotten about his license being suspended (because he told me he'd taken care of it) I finally went off and yelled at him for like 45 min.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:15 AM on Nov. 2, 2008

• (cont.) I yelled at him for being inconsiderate and for assuming that I didn't work as hard as he did, because pulling weeds and playing pool while waiting to class-up is hard work, and for telling me that I wasn't treating his mother fairly and for telling me that I wasn't trying hard enough to see him. I yelled and yelled and it really felt good because I'm an extraordinarily passive person and we've been good since then. But my point is maybe your husband just doesn't realize that you are going through the same thing, and truthfully talking might not help at all because before I yelled at him for all of that stuff I had TALKED to him aboutit and he just hadn't listened to me at all. It was like the wind in the trees.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:19 AM on Nov. 2, 2008