how do i take this 20 pounds off of me i try dieting exercising diet pills and nothing has work i feel really uncomfortable with myself any tips or diet pills that really work??

the fat is only on my belly -- it looks like im prego again lol

Genesis29

Asked by Genesis29 at 4:29 AM on Nov. 9, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• I would start with simple changes.
    Don’t buy junk food
    Walk, or do other exercise, for at least 20 minutes a day, at least 3 times a week.
    Make sure that you are drinking enough water, at least 8 8oz glasses a day.
    Eat an apple or big pile of veggies before meals.
    Eat 7-8 servings of fruits and vegetables a day, in at least 3 different colors.
    Eat 5-6 servings of whole grains a day.
    Eat at least two servings of legumes a day.
    Cut way back on (or eliminate) meat and dairy

Answer by rkoloms at 6:21 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I have some useful information in a journal post you can check out. It is too long to place in answers so I like to refer moms to it. I hope it helps:)

shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 7:14 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I agree that simple changes are best to start. If you make your goals too high it's easy to get discouraged and stop.

Now, because I know that so many people say "This worked for me" or "That worked for me" and it seems no one says the same thing I did some research for myself many years ago and came up with a plan that I thought might work for me. Through trying different things I was able to find things that helped *me*!

For example, I ate a bowl of oatmeal (not the quick microwave stuff) every day and spiced it up with different things like peanut butter, raisins, etc.

I tried drinking less Dr. Pepper and more water. This one never stuck with me but it helped. I'm too addicted! =)

I found that Pilates exercises were designed to help people who were bed-ridden to be able to exercise. I figured if people who can't get out of bed can do them so can I.
    firenicecream

Answer by firenicecream at 9:43 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I found Denise Austin's book "Pilates for Every Body" and picked the exercises that *I* wanted to do. I also did them at my own pace. They worked VERY well. =)

Sorry, my answer is so long!
    firenicecream

• Have you asked your doctor for some tips? I may be lucky with mine but after I had DD I asked for help making a plan for my belly area and she gave me some great advice.
    DonnaPinitonya

Answer by DonnaPinitonya at 2:00 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Walking helps alot. Cardio
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 9:36 AM on Jan. 10, 2011