How can i make the smell of a clean house last more than just the day i cleaned it?

butterfly3010

Asked by butterfly3010 at 5:59 AM on Nov. 9, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Did you know that the smell of some toxic cleaners, like Pinesol, is actually physically addictive?

Answer by rkoloms at 6:20 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• No i didnt....i dont use pinesol but i just want it to smell clean. I spend hours on end cleaning and then the next day i come home and my house doesnt smell so pleasant. If i know im having company i have to light candles, use air freshner things like that. id like for the clean to atleast last 3 or 4 days
    butterfly3010

Comment by butterfly3010 (original poster) at 6:25 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Pinesol....ahhh.... I got addicted to that while pregnant with my first DD. The DR told me it was a form of Pica.
    When I want to freshen up the smell to make it like I just cleaned, I take a spray bottle with diluted Pinesol and spray it in my sinks and pour some in the toilets and swish it around. Instantly it smells like I just cleaned the whole house.
    mom2queenie2004

Answer by mom2queenie2004 at 6:35 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Buy one of the plug in that they sell.
    pinkdinkyone

Answer by pinkdinkyone at 6:38 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I spritz my home with diluted Sol-U-Mel - it kills the dust mites and freshens the air - smells clean and fresh -not perfumey:)
    Dew1

Answer by Dew1 at 9:10 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I agree with the plug in deal...it can get expensive...but if you place them in living room and guest bath if you have em and it will really help!!!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 2:20 PM on Nov. 9, 2010