I can't help to think, that god is a bit bored. Whould you agree?

Okay, usually I would not talk like this (speaking of god as a person, as a "him", let alone what's written in the bilbe) ... but I will just buy into it now to make my point.
Been following some of the questions lately and was thinking "What is the point!?" If god created everything ... evil and good, viruses and vaccins, garden of Eden and then put the forbitten tree in it .... then I can't help to think god is just bored. "Well, let's see how this works out. Hey Gabriel, come on over here! I have a little experiment set up. Who do you think will make it in the end?" -Well, everybody needs a hobby, right?

BeachMom81

Asked by BeachMom81 at 6:02 AM on Nov. 9, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• No,I don't think God gets bored.I think he probably has a great sense of humor though.Probably spends a lot of time in Cafemom! :)
    GingerKitten

Answer by GingerKitten at 2:57 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• no, He created man in his image, not example. He gave us freewill and that allowed Eve to be tempted and then the Fall came. To answer your question, no, I don't think He's bored at all :). Is your Father bored at watching you become the woman you are? Does your father delight in your success? It's kinda the same only on a much larger scale.
    kittieashy

Answer by kittieashy at 9:33 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Think about it. If you were having to babysit the human race for all eternity, with their bickering, wars, violence, pettiness, wouldn't YOU get bored? Maybe even start messing with them? Prank them? Of course I don't believe that there is a god now, tho there might have been earlier. I think he/she did just get tired of dealing with the two-legged savages and wandered off to some other universe to see what's going on there. And he/she hasn't been in the vacinity of the earth in better than at least 2,000 years. Probably more.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 11:57 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Maybe, I don't know what God thinks but I'm glad for it.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 6:44 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• no, its starting to sound similar to the Greek myth stories (the way you described it) lol.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 6:35 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• How can God be bored- that is a human quality and he's supposedly all supreme and perfect.

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 8:16 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• But it's said, that he created men after his example.
    BeachMom81

Comment by BeachMom81 (original poster) at 9:26 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Good one, kittieashy! -Who says image does not include characteristics?
    And -no- my father just nags. lol
    BeachMom81

Comment by BeachMom81 (original poster) at 9:35 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Never will I agree. The first prophecy of the bible contradicts your statements of boredom and proves otherwise.
    2tinyhineys

Answer by 2tinyhineys at 10:11 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• lol..my mom likes to nag also but my father was always supportive of me. Unfortunately he died of a brain tumor this past January. I was thinking that that's what you meant by example, just wanted to clarify it a bit :).
    kittieashy

Answer by kittieashy at 10:21 AM on Nov. 9, 2010