i have contacted the solicitor knowing my friend left me money in his will to which he verified however his family told me catergorically he had no money he was in a home for a year or so and i understand it was paid for by the state . now here lies a problem my friend of80 years old told me his brother had left him 40 000 ponds 4 years ago .i dont know how to approach this

misty325

Asked by misty325 at 6:15 AM on Nov. 9, 2010 in Money & Work

• get legal council
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 6:30 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• You have two options - forget about it and move on OR get a lawyer to look at the papers and figure out if your name was in there and if so, why you weren't contacted.
    .science.mom.

Answer by .science.mom. at 6:34 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Attorneys are the only ones who can answer legal questions.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:35 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• He may have had money when he made the will and then he got ill (assuming) and once he ran out of money he got placed in that home that the state paid for.....is what likely happened. You will never get an answer without an attorney and that will cost you money, which will be a burden on you if he really didn't have any money to leave you.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 11:52 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• If he was in a nursing home, the home generally gets a person's estate. At least they do here in the States. Not sure how it works in the UK.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 1:42 PM on Nov. 9, 2010